Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

13481 - 13498 of 13498 Posts

·
Premium Member
60,013 Posts
Oh my deal was I couldn't fine the time, had too many other things going, but after going to the Oshkosh Air show for 7 years I got the bug...........

·
Premium Member
64,247 Posts
Please don't tell me you are a pilot also .

·
Premium Member
39,884 Posts
Quite large that show is, my best friend has flown into it, without me of course.

·
Premium Member
60,013 Posts
Right it's very large, they say it's the largest air show in the country.. 8 of us would go and spend a week there and one of the guys would fly in.. I was not a pilot but 6 of the 8 were.. I have flown a plane once it got in the air going over to Mexico to fish...

·
Premium Member
39,884 Posts
Shouldn't say this but my first small plane ride ended with a through cleaning of the interior and exterior

·
Premium Member
60,013 Posts
Truth is we had fiends that had their own plane a Pipper Cherokee with retraces, 4 tanks and a cruising speed of 210.. He ran all the expencises through his company.. We'd go on a lot of overnights in CA and NV for golf, tennis and D/O...... And you're right, things could get bumpy.....

·
Premium Member
39,884 Posts
U-know I've been in a small four seater prop and a nine passanger business jet, got sick on both, and on commercial jets I sleep the entire flight.

·
Premium Member
60,013 Posts
Vacations on small planes are not for you.. I wish I could sleep on long flights I end up doing ETAs.........

·
Premium Member
64,247 Posts
Well I like flying in the big planes.

·
Premium Member
60,013 Posts
Another disadvantage to small plane travel is once you land sometimes transportation from the field is a problem.. We flow into Palm Springs so often we kept a junker there to get a round in...

·
Premium Member
64,247 Posts
Believe you did well with those letters Harvey.

·
Premium Member
60,013 Posts
Don't count on that

13481 - 13498 of 13498 Posts