Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

13781 - 13800 of 13864 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
Believe that you may need some reading glasses.

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
could be a plan, hit the dollar store for some specks

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
Do you think they would have a good one for him there ??

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
Ever think that I've worn bi-focal glasses for at least thirty years and don't need cheater glasses?

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
Greatest surgery I've had, no more glasses except for reading.. Both of us have had it done, now there are dollar reading glasses around the house, oh and the 5-10 dollar Polaroid sunglasses, can't beat the deal.. If you haven't had it done go for it.......... Medicare picks it up 100%...........

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I think you daughter in law is a very smart lady. I worked in the contact lens field for 45 years and for a long time I made a good living correcting all the lasik that went wrong. A lot of the cases was 8 to 10 years afterwards when the cornea started going back to the original shape and the surgeon couldn't go back and re-shape it again. If the patient didn't want contacts they had to go back to glasses

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
Just to get it right, that's not the same as cataract surgery where they slip in a lens.. I've watched cataract surgery and I didn't see any reshaping of the eye......

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
Keep in mind that my D-I-L was doing cataract surgery on Wednesdays for at least the last four years. She said that she won't do any family members though.

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
like she must know who's good and who not to go to.. I checked out the guy that did mine and he had 98% success rate, so I went with him.. Sure is nice not having to wear glasses, wore them for over 20 years.......

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
My guess is you are right, and I know that there are two excellent doctors right where she works.

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
Oh I guess I didn't explain my post very well...I know the difference between Lasik and Cataract surgery, but I don't have cataracts, but I do wear glasses, but my D-I-L says I shouldn't have Lasik done to correct my vision, and won't do any surgery on family members...Capeesh ???

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
Part of what I read I mistook, you're right I don't think I'd want anyone cutting on my eye ball either...... You need to get some cataracts.........

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
So the truth is, just the thought of have to wear glasses in the rain make me twitch........

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
There was a boo-boo made on the previous post but I'm not throwing anyone under the bus, right Foodman?

13781 - 13800 of 13864 Posts