Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

59301 - 59320 of 59389 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,973 Posts
Heck, the first vacation out west it was so hot we were on the road at 3am and quit riding about noon.

·
Premium Member
64,384 Posts
I am up at 06.45 most of the time. At least the days I have to work.

·
Premium Member
60,104 Posts
Just can't imagine where you'd find breakfast at 3 am, now I could see stopping at noon and setting in a pool with a cocktail

·
Premium Member
39,973 Posts
Kept snacks and donuts to eat until we could get a good meal. Going thru California we seen herds of rabbits on the side of the road but not one deer.

·
Premium Member
60,104 Posts
lets see what part of CA were you in, as I recall I thought you were a long the coast

·
Premium Member
39,973 Posts
Memory says we started out in Crescent city from the Curly Redwood Lodge, came down 101 to Fortuna and took 35 over to rt 5 down to Sacramento and rt 80. Wanted to go to Tahoe but just didn't have the time.

·
Premium Member
64,384 Posts
Now you did it again Harvey, please fix your mistake.

·
Premium Member
64,384 Posts
Quite sure he didn't because he knows deer alerts don't work.

·
Premium Member
60,104 Posts
Really that something, we've stayed there a number of times.. I like the place because of the covered parking and good seafood restaurants.. Wife didn't like it said it was a dump.......

·
Premium Member
39,973 Posts
Sure did like the covered parking, and thought the old fashion room KEY was kinda cute. At the start of the Redwood hwy. coming out of Oregon it was 103 deg, when we got to Crescent city it was about 50 deg and foggy.

·
Premium Member
64,384 Posts
Time ago I think. Nice picture from you Harvey.

·
Premium Member
39,973 Posts
U-know from my finger tip to tip is about five and a half feet, which means that tree is a youngster at about 13 feet across.

·
Premium Member
60,104 Posts
Variety of conditions along that coastal ride in CA can be extreme..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39,973 Posts
Went to a beach when we left just to walk along it, picked up a dead sand dollar that I still have.

·
Premium Member
60,104 Posts
XXXXXXXXs you know I've never seen a live sand dollar and I've picked up a bunch

·
Premium Member
39,973 Posts
You know down at either Sanibel or Marco Island Fl. I thought I was walking on stones in the water but after bringing a few up they were live sand dollars, they have hundreds of soft spines on the bottom.

Mine was from the Pacific ocean and my wife just informed me she threw it away and we're not going back to find another.

·
Premium Member
60,104 Posts
All the ones I picked up are gone also though I have some other shells and some coral I've snagged from here and there

59301 - 59320 of 59389 Posts