Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

59781 - 59800 of 59996 Posts

·
Premium Member
66,643 Posts
Think you can do it better yourself. Saves you a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
41,652 Posts
U are right Wil, and I have cut down hundreds of trees, but they were out in the woods and wouldn't crush my house. These trees overhang mine and the neighbors house, one mistake and someone gets to see the stars through the new hole in their roof.

·
Premium Member
66,643 Posts
Very difficult to do it right than.
You have to get in it and start from above.
Or start from the bottom and start taking of the branches and work up.

·
Premium Member
62,056 Posts
Well when I did the 150 trees I got a good price of $250. a tree and if I could have gotten the other 100 trees it would have been [email protected] Now you're taking out the same trees I wanted to remove at $700. to a thousand each......

·
Premium Member
66,643 Posts
X-ed once again. Harvey where are you ??

·
Premium Member
62,056 Posts
You know I can't believe why tree removal is so expensive and then if you forget to put it in the contract you have to pay extra to have the stump ground..........

·
Premium Member
41,652 Posts
Zippy thinks maybe he will get a new estimate on trimming them someday, main thing is they have to be insured.

·
Premium Member
62,056 Posts
At our house my son does our tree trimming, Oleanders and Maple, not a big deal

·
Premium Member
66,643 Posts
Believe it or not , once I had the fire brigade here to cut a big tree down. They did it for free.

·
Premium Member
62,056 Posts
Can you say you bought them each a beer for their work

·
Premium Member
66,643 Posts
Did you know a gave them a crate full of beer.

·
Premium Member
66,643 Posts
First time for everything.

·
Premium Member
62,056 Posts
Gosh maybe that the problem here.. If your house catches fire it's going to burn to the ground here, they never get a fire out

·
Premium Member
66,643 Posts
Here they can save a lot of houses from burning down.
They are very quick when you call them.

·
Premium Member
41,652 Posts
I watched the neighbors mobile home burn down to the ground. Living in the country by the time you call the station and all the Volunteer fireman get to the station, get the trucks, get to your house, and then have to truck in water from local ponds you may as well get the hotdogs as you run out and have a wiener roast.

But bless their souls because they don't get paid to run into a burning house, and bust their butts trying to put it out.

·
Premium Member
62,056 Posts
Job We had when I got on the fire board was to improve our fire dept. We had 2 stations and 20 fireman but we were a class 7 fire dept.. That about 3 clicks above volunteer.. When we got a contract with the city we went to a class 1, but they're no longer a class 1 and all they do is chase ambulances....... It was quite a savings in insurance bills......

·
Premium Member
41,652 Posts
Keep in mind that I wouldn't want to be a ambulance chaser, and I sure as heck don't want to run into a burning building. My helper at work was a volunteer, I always harassed him about being a hero, but he knew I respected what he did.

·
Premium Member
66,643 Posts
Lest hope Harvey fixes his mistake.

59781 - 59800 of 59996 Posts