Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know who sells a radio / adapter kit to replace the CB in the GL-1800 that when install professionally will interface with the stock ( push to talk ) button and headsets / intercom on the bike. It really would be nice to get away from CB since it seems to be virtually unregulated.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

My son and I are waiting on these to be delivered...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260844361867?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

If they work as well as the ad claims, we'll be ordering another set for our passengers (you can have up to 6 people on one frequency).

I'll post again once they're in and we've tried them out.....

I know these are listed as wireless, so I doubt there would be a way to intergrate them with the stock PTT button on your bike, but I felt it was worth a post to let you look into this option..... Happy riding!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I run the G4 Scala's. You can't find a better system out there. I did modify my headphones to accept a headphone jack to replace the stock headphones with some Sony headphones. The bass is great in the sony but you can us any headphone that is as thin as the stock. I you wnat to modify your headphones shoot me a pm and I can give you the lick how to do it. Trust me it is very easy to do.
Moxie

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

+1 on the Scala G4.

This is an awesome headset system. The box says UP TO 1 mile (1.6 KM) between headsets but this year when my BFF and I took a trip, we were getting close to the 2km mark at times on the highways. CD quality sound... not hiss or crackle.

CB's are so 1950's. Why do they even put them on a Wing anymore when there are so many better, viable systems out there???

G4's - Great system!

Tim.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

I used a KennedyTechnologies unit to inject my ham rig into the intercom circuit. They still have the info on their website but they are no longer manufacturing the units. I believe the STARCOM may work as well.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
imported post

i was considering the scala g4's but some say the chatter box are better for distance and multible riders, any comparences?

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey SaltMar,

I have not used the Chatterbox so I can't talk directly to is quality of operation but, I can't possibly imagine them working better that the G4's. I had HI expectations for their use and quality due to their price and the way people were bragging them up.

I was impressed beyond that when I actually got them and used them. Multiple riders is a great feature and the distance was way beyond the stated range as I mentioned earlier.

Also the fact that you can add and change the functions and features by simply downloading new firmware to it is forward thinking at its best.

I know NVRPC that this really does not answer your question, but might be a consideration for you. As Gaswing said, you can get other modules that will interface other "two way radios" but you still have everyone else there with you with the noise and static.

Tim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.