Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternate GL1000/1100 Radiator hose

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DaveO430 
#1 ·
imported post

For those who are looking for the NAPA 7733 radiator hose, I found the same hose at my local Auto Zone last night. It is a Kelly-Springfield hose and goes by part # 61002 OR the Auto Zone part # is 041.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Gold Wing !!!!

#3 ·
imported post

Is Kelly Springfield Poor quality? If so I wasnt aware.

#4 ·
imported post

I really don't know but if Auto Zone sells it it's the cheapest thing they can find. I will but oil and other bottled stuff from them but none of their parts. I did buy some belts from them once and they were like rubber with no cord in them, didn't last a week.

#5 ·
imported post

I have installed the Hose(s). I will surely keep an eye out for any defects!

#6 ·
imported post

FWIW, I've had plenty of good luck with parts from AutoZone. I have bought my stuff almost exclusively from them for a few years now, including starters, batteries, hoses and alternators. At my local store, the service is friendly and helpful.

And, they stock SeaFoam.:cool:

#7 ·
imported post

Endwell_Tim wrote:
FWIW, I've had plenty of good luck with parts from AutoZone. .... including starters, batteries, hoses and alternators. ....
I notice you didn't say belts.... Perhaps some parts are fine, but their belts suck!!! My experience has been that they act like rubber bands.... they just keep stretching until you run out of adjustment..

#8 ·
imported post

I've seen several of their starters and alternators fail after a short time. One guy got 3 alternators before he got one that worked. Sure they have a lifetime warranty but how often do you like to change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.