Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I purchased new alternator dampers, part number, 13534-MN5-020. They are rock solid. I'm thinking these are new, but old stock in sealed bags. How hard should new dampers be?

·
Registered
2003 GL1800
13 Posts
Hi all. I purchased new alternator dampers, part number, 13534-MN5-020. They are rock solid. I'm thinking these are new, but old stock in sealed bags. How hard should new dampers be?
I purchased a set for my '00 1500 a while back and they were hard as a rock as well. Guessing that's just how they are...not sure though.

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
They are hard rubber. Most likely they will work just fine. Just a tip when installing them. The straps face the engine side and away from the alternator. They fit in between the "fingers" on the coupler. I know the first time I did mine, I didnt pay attention when I removed the old ones and installed them backwards. I had the straps facing the alternator and put them over the "fingers". By putting them on the right way, it is also a little easier to fit the alternator back into the coupler.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are hard rubber. Most likely they will work just fine. Just a tip when installing them. The straps face the engine side and away from the alternator. They fit in between the "fingers" on the coupler. I know the first time I did mine, I didnt pay attention when I removed the old ones and installed them backwards. I had the straps facing the alternator and put them over the "fingers". By putting them on the right way, it is also a little easier to fit the alternator back into the coupler.
Good to have that information, Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts