Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have had my 1991 GL1500 Interstate alternator apart two or three times and I still have that noise at 2200 RPM. One time I installed a new bearing in the "hat" but still get the noise. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Boston Mass area (or anywhere) that could fix the alternator properly? Should I just buy a new replacement alternator?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

i deal with a shop in N.H. never had a problem. there is a shop in melrose Ma. i used to use before i moved not sure if they are still open let me know if you want phone numbers

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Phatty, yes, phone numbers please, or a name I could search on. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

I used to use a shop in Tyngsboro often-I know where they are-but forgot thier name.I can find it for you if necessary. I think it is tyngsboro auto electric.Good people to deal with.

Ok here it is

Chelmsford Auto Electric

141 Middlesex Rd, Tyngsboro, MA 01879
(978) 649-4448 Website

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Turducken wrote:
I have had my 1991 GL1500 Interstate alternator apart two or three times and I still have that noise at 2200 RPM. One time I installed a new bearing in the "hat" but still get the noise. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Boston Mass area (or anywhere) that could fix the alternator properly? Should I just buy a new replacement alternator?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
> Probably just need to replace the Rubber Dampeners, between the alternator and the engine.
> I the noise persists, then it may not be the alternator at all, but rather your Timing Belts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.