Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
I had a similar issue on my '85 when the headset cord for passenger was too close to three yellow wires, and I've had the issue on police cars when the rectifier blew a diode or two.

How long has it been doing it?

Any jump starts from a running vehicle or while the bike was running?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s been doing it for a while I had a Compu fire alternator sitting on the shelf rebuilt
80% of the wine goes away when I go from low beam to high beam

·
Magic Moderator
4,528 Posts
Didn't Honda offer a 'Noise Filter' for the CB radio to stop alternator noise? If that item could be found it may help.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Didn't Honda offer a 'Noise Filter' for the CB radio to stop alternator noise? If that item could be found it may help.
That applied when using the GL1500 OEM alternator. Part # 08118-MN500-07 (Filter, ACG).

I happen to know someone who has the CB instructions with all the "part numbers"....:grin3:

If he is using a Comp-U-Fire alternator that filter is not needed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
had a similar whining when I bought the 1800 found the whining was coming from the passenger seat.
The whining finally went away when I sold my other bike (Street glide).

Seriously there are noise filters for that they go in line and reduce the noise,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m thinking of possibly putting in a choke were the headset cable plugs into the wire harness grab the two speaker lines there see if that takes care of it, I guess it will be a winter project when I re-build a forks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts