Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Opinions on purchasing rebuilt high output alternator for $250 vs. new compufire for $365 I'm running stock lights on se and never intend to add any. Not that much difference in money but is it worth it.

What would be the amps on a high output?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,708 Posts
imported post

I would go compufire without even thinking twice about it.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Neither.

If you do not plan on adding any lights, why would you need a higher out put alternator. The extra capabilitywould not be exercised.

If your alternator failed, I would get that one rebuilt which would be a lot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

I bought a rebuilt one and it only lasted 1 year. Went to a compufire and would never go rebuilt again.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

i bought the high output from Ken Hemerling ([email protected]) this past summer. really dont have anything extra, some 55w running lights but seldom turn them on. Anyhow he gave a good price 1 year warranty, was easy to deal with.

Compufire has a name but as was posted before if you dont need high output with the expensive battery required go with a rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

WakeAir wrote:
http://mysite.verizon.net/resp3jbj/
I bought a rebuilt from this guy for a good price.
That's a good place to get a rebuilt unit. He even rebuilds some for higher output. I, personally, would never spend the extra for a Comp-U-Fire unless I was adding a lot of extra equipment load.

Some seem to think Comp-U-Fire is a cure all and they will never have a chance of the alternator failing again. Comp-U-fires fail also.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for all the input i probably will go with the high output since i am just running stock lights. I sent Ken Heming a email yesterday morning and haven't heard back. Will give him a call Monday.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

If there is one thing these guys know about, it's alternators! So much experience here with them. I know when the time comes, I'll bite the bullet and get a Compufire.I have NEVER heard one bad thing about them, here, or elsewhere. jimsjinx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.