Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Grabbed a ton of stuff locally and it had a complete 4 gauge dash. It has a temp,amp,clock and a altimeter.

What the heck would you do with that on a bike? Plan on cruising at 30,000 feet?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

That was designed for Evil Knieval. Lets him know when he is not going to make it and pull the chute. :D

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

Last year I rode both the Lowest and Highest roads in North America.
196 ft. below - 14,130 above

...and had no need for an altimeter.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

my GPS has altimiter , its interesting sometimes but i've very rarely used it, guess i'm the odball because last year i actually removed the GPS because i rarely had any use for it, just a plain map usually works plenty good, the GPS was pretty handy for finding motels-campgrounds but so much of the information was just so wrong that i got tired of messing with it

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

It is always useful to tell how far off the ground you are :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

If I'm off the ground, reading the altimeter will be the last thing going through my mind.:waving:

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

It is to see how high your Wing goes.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

My flight instructor always aid. DOnt think of your altimeter as a measdurment in the sky think of it as how long your prayer should be before you hit the ground.

I am guessing in the warmer months riding in high elevation will have you running too rich due to the low air pressure. So with that in mind you can remove the carbs when you set up camp and lean the mixture before riding the next day and hope you are staying high for a while.

I would like and ATIMETER though. Tells me How far my attidutude has risen so I can cool off before continuing my ride.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Crezz wrote:
It is always useful to tell how far off the ground you are :cheeky1:
It could also be useful to tell you how deep in it you are.

:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

If kept in a visible area it could be very handy reference in the event of an sudden ejection from the road letting you know just how far you're going to fall back to earth.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

lol, an altimeter!!, i wonder what the honda desingers were thinking... maybe there would be an accesory addon to fly!

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

I had an altimeter on my full dress CB-900C. Everyone laughed at it when they saw it but when riding in the mountains it was a fun novelty. The most that I ever saw it move was when I literally rode into a storm that contained numerous tornadoes. that thing bounced all over the place that afternoon.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Well I can't think a a reason to use it. Its a 4 cluster dash that was in a box of stuff. I do like the Honda clock with second hands. I tested it with a battery and that thing ran for a few hours and was right on the minute with my watch. I unplugged it and went to re-paint the rim around it. Looks great now I'll work it into my dash.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

Hey I've got one too, it's good for laugh's! heard it's for the crowd out in Cali-forni..something about the changes in Alt usta effect the dang older wing's like ours I heard.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

See your pic the bike has small white walls, I want some for mine, the black baggers look sweet with em!

Watch out fer them city slickers!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Might give an indication of just how high you're feeling while riding your Wing... :gunhead:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.