Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I couldn't resist. NOS Clarion Type II systems come up on ebay! I have an 82 Aspencade with just the AM/FM Clarion option.

I find a pair of headsets, NOS Hondaline Clarion, a NOS Intercom system with all components and a NOS CB system with LED displays. All cost me $350. I have never had the modern equvalent and cost seemed to be about the same with a lot more stuff I would have had to mount on my bars.

I have updated the system with Iphone mount and tie in so I get all the modern ammenities with out all the junk.

So am I crazy

Will

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

I don't think you're crazy, man, if that makes you happy get it...Do it...

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Good for you, nothing crazy about it at all..

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

$150 for a NOS cassette player! I draw the line at usefulness!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

When I ride my 1500, I don't want to speak to anybody........C.B. off, intercom off, etc.
Perhaps a symptom of too many years of having to listen to a bank of radios, cellphones and pagers (I know, remember pagers?) on the job.

Now, it's plug in my custom made earbuds to the satellite radio and away we go! Wanna talk to me - you'll have to use hand signals!

If you like otherwise, it doesn't make you crazy..........maybe more social or gregarious.........to each their own! 'Jes don't expect me to answer when you call me on the C.B.

:waving:

T.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I don't know you but, yes your crazy.,,,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nah, not crazy. If you are that'd mean I am for similar reasons and I don't think I'm nuts.:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

To paraphrase that wise old sage, Forrest Gump: "Crazy is as crazy does".
I bought my trike off E-Bay without telling my wife. Now THAT'S crazy!!!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

maestro319 wrote:
To paraphrase that wise old sage, Forrest Gump: "Crazy is as crazy does".
I bought my trike off E-Bay without telling my wife. Now THAT'S crazy!!!
I'd have liked to be a fly on the wall when she found out!!

:madeyes::madeyes: :madeyes::madeyes: :madeyes::madeyes:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

No, that's a fantastic price.

For my 1200 I added a hand held CB to the handlebars and fabricated my own mouting bracket. By the time I added a push to talk button and an adapter to the antenna, I had about $200 in it. And that was running it off the internal rechargable battery. It would have been more if I wanted to wire it in.

J&M sells a handle bar mounted CB/Intercom unit for about as much money as you spent, even more if you get the one with the radio built in. It's a nice unit but it isn't "stock" to the bike.

I think you got a great price, and it's money well spent.

I'm one that gets a lot of use out of my CB. It was a deciding factor when I bought my bike. I was looking for a 1500 and I was only looking at bikes that had CB's. I'm pretty sure it added a lot more than $350 to the price I paid.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,666 Posts
imported post

I don't use CB much, but when riding with friends it is very useful planning stops and such.

Both of my last two bikes have been SE's on purpose. If not used, no harm done. If you need it though, it is there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.