Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Gio Giovanni of BlackSmith Motoring Company and his customized GL1000 were featured on Fox News at the 2012 International Motorcycle Show in Washington D.C.

http://youtu.be/0lACcDV7TKw

Not only was he featured on TV, but Gio's bike also won the top prize in the Retro class:

http://youtu.be/uPMoCo71mjc

There was some serious competition, so it's good to see the GL1000 getting some well-deserved notoriety.

This bike is not exactly my "cup-of-tea," but there is some amazing workmanship involved here.

Sharp eyes will see some Randakk content on this special bike.

I provided a bit of consulting on tuning the supercharger, etc. Just goes to show, that a single carb can work great on a GL1000...especially when there is a blower behind it :)

(By the way, the supercharged CBX I'm building will use a somewhat similar carb.)

·
1,699 Posts
imported post

Overdone in my opinion , but it is nice to see that other bikes can win , and not only those David Harleyson.(or what there name is ? ).

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

...ummmm did he say $75,000 for that bike?
I think not....

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
imported post

It is very good to see the Goldwing in the news. I'm not crazy about the looks or the price tag, but the quality of the work is first class.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
imported post

I like it, the old style look is nice and the workmanship excellent.
I am not very familiar with GL1000 parts Randakk, what parts did you have on that Wing?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

broadbent wrote:
I like it, the old style look is nice and the workmanship excellent.
I am not very familiar with GL1000 parts Randakk, what parts did you have on that Wing?
Like I said, sharp eyes (and familiarity with my catalog) are required to see the item(s).

I don't troll for business on this forum, so I prefer not to say.

P.S. That bike won some more awards after my original post. The "value" mentioned was certainly laughable, but if true - I need to call my insurance agent and seriously upgrade the coverage on my collection of bikes. :smiler:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Thanks Randall for all you do to help keep quality in your products and the interesting bikes that come from those who use them.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

It has a spin on oil filter adapter. No way to tell whose it is. Also an electric fuel pump that looks like Randall's. My 2 guesses.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

75K for a bike, and he puts a $3 orange and black grip Fram oil filter on it....

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
75K for a bike, and he puts a $3 orange and black grip Fram oil filter on it....
+1 on that Silicon Sam.. That was the first thing that caught my eye because it did not match the bike lol

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

I like how the guy said" they are just like jewelry". And just like jewelry. Absolutely useless. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Sorry bikes, especially Goldwings are made to ride, not

just to look at:?:?....... In my opinion of course. Which certainly ain't worth $75,000.00:action::action::action:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.