Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hi there! has anyone ever seen a place to buy. instead of having the amber flasher on the bottom of the saddlebags id like it to be red !:?

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

Tracker I too have looked high and low for a red lens to replace the amber corner light. However I have not as of yet found one. Most auto parts suppliers sell a transparent red tape for tail-light repair, this maybe your only option.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

thanks for the site klwatts, but they dont have it
Dannyeod, that what i was thinking about doing cause my 2 top case flashers are red and the bottom ones are yellow
looks funny when i turn

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

Hey guys,

Two questions about this. Are you talking about the left and right turn signal lights on the back of the bike?

If so, is that legal in Canada? I was under the impression that in the U.S. turn signal indicators had to be amber by law.

Somebody educate me on this please.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

yes wingman, we are talking about the flashers in the rear,here in quebec(canada) as long as it works either red or amber it is ok!

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

WingMan71 there was a time when manufactures made signals amber "yellow" on almost every make of vehicle. Today you will rarely see an amber light on the rear of a modern vehicle. In my state of Tennessee you can not have an amber light that is used as a running light, and when an amber light is mounted to the rear of a vehicle it must be used as a signal. Of course all running lights are red, and signals can be red or amber.
Tracker wants his rear signals to be red, which is legal in my state.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

I tought I would clarify one thing, we are only talking about the rear of a vehicle not the front. The front of a vehicle does have diffrent laws that apply regarding color of lights.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

at a dollar store i bought red and ambar reflective translucent panels, a repair kit, you may have a look :)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

thats what i was thinking of william tried it today and i didnt really like the look of it.
but i guess thats what is gonna happen ...lol

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

Tracker, William
I don't like the amber either. So the red repair didn't look good to you? Was the color way off from the other reflectors? I was going to try it this weekend. Just don't know of a different option.
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

ok ! lets all try it and compare, maybe put in a few pics while were at it ....lol

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

dannyeod wrote:
Tracker, William
I don't like the amber either. So the red repair didn't look good to you? Was the color way off from the other reflectors? I was going to try it this weekend. Just don't know of a different option.
Thanks for the info.
You might try this, it works for me.

I posted this information on another question about amber lens:

My sidecar had two red and one amber light lens on the rear with 1157 sockets/bulbs. The amber is wired for tail/turn light. The two reds are wired for tail/brake lights. It is illegal to have amber running/tail light on the rear so I used the paint that someone on this forum recommended for the changing of saddlebag amber to red lens. Worked well for me. The red painted amber lens is just not quite as deep red as the two original red lens.

GL1100 Saddlebag Yellow Lens- I painted the Yellow lens with Testors Candy Apple Transparent Model paint - from Wallyworld, use the spray can. under $4. 2 -3 coats on the inside of the lens. (Testors 1605 Transparent Candy AppleRed Model spray paint)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

took my rear lights apart today, and tried the red tape, tried the spray can but both look awfull, so i decided to keep my amber flasher and just use my topcase sidelights for position and brakes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.