Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,:)
this is more a query about my new to me trike, it's a 1989 model with only the history from 1998 when it was imported into the UK, apart from some sevice receipts to a guy called duaine golding from bedford texas?? not sure if he was a member of this site or still is?? my question is i think that this bike was triked in the USA and not the UK!! if this is the case could anyone tell if they know which axle, wheels, and exhaust might have been used??? i'm now going to try and upload some pics!! hope this works and someone could help me out with some info. If the upload does not work check out my avatar or garage.
cheers mark.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upload a picture of it from the rear. It looks very wide, almost like the Baron Trikes made in the UK.
hi heffo, thanks for your reply.
iv'e tried to upload pics, but i'm doing something wrong?? or for some reason the site won't let me, there are pics of the bike in my GARAGE if you want to have look.
regards mark.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
IT IS NOT A baron trike , and it is not any of the more well known trike kits, it looks to me like a one off home made trike . Most of the American home made trikes use American Ford differentials and wheels and axle..

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
At least tell us this much, because I can't tell from the pics in your garage, is it a solid rear axle or independent rear? Maybe some good up close pics of just the axle would help identifying.

Looks home made with maybe some trailer fenders, which means it could be anything from a Jag or Vette independent axle to a ford 9", GM 10 bolt, heck it could be a toyota pick up axle. So some close up detailed pics in that area would be helpful. Just at a glance, that exhaust looks like maybe Borla? Similar to the Camaro/Corvette systems?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IT IS NOT A baron trike , and it is not any of the more well known trike kits, it looks to me like a one off home made trike . Most of the American home made trikes use American Ford differentials and wheels and axle..
I think your probably right wexy.
im bigining to think its a american home build???
thanks for your input, ive done some reaserch and googled the wheels, turns out there 16" borbets!! quiet expensive and useually fitted to BMW or SAAB'S among others, i also now know that it is fitted with GOLF GTI brakes and callipers.
cheers mark

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At least tell us this much, because I can't tell from the pics in your garage, is it a solid rear axle or independent rear? Maybe some good up close pics of just the axle would help identifying.

Looks home made with maybe some trailer fenders, which means it could be anything from a Jag or Vette independent axle to a ford 9", GM 10 bolt, heck it could be a toyota pick up axle. So some close up detailed pics in that area would be helpful. Just at a glance, that exhaust looks like maybe Borla? Similar to the Camaro/Corvette systems?
Hi blackknytecnc,
i'm still trying to attach and upload pics!!!! but its still not working for some reason, will keep you posted, thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very nice trike. Look's nicer than most. only question I have is how the doors would work on the side bags.
Wilf
Hi wilf,
i was wondering the same thing about the panniers when i went to look at the bike before i bought it?? unfortunately their just cosmetic now as the bottoms have been cut away to make room for the shock absrorbers on both sides, you can still open the doors to adjust the shocks or accsess some taillight wire and such!!.
hope this anwers your question wilf,
all the best mark

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
Sorry for the misleading ideas.
Closer inspection of your pic and I am still no help.
As for uploading pics:
One make sure they are the correct size
On the reply to a thread page, scroll down to the "Manage attachments" (Pics must be one of these: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip)
and click there.
Should open a "browse" window
click on browse, navigate to your pic files, select the pic to post, then click on "open".
That should attach your pic to your post.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Being it was from Texas, I wonder if it is a prototype of a Motortrike? I think Motortrike started in Tyler Texas? Nice looking whatever it is. jimsjinx

·
Registered
18 Posts
golf calipers are often used on reliant axles in the UK, are the wheels four or five stud? most american axles are 5 stud (lug) if you look at the diff housing, if it's reliant it is alloy and comes in two parts (left and right) with the two parts being bolted together. this is a common axle to use on a trike in the uk, it has often been said they are not strong enough for a 1500 but it all depends how they are mounted and what condition they are in. hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.