Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Wondering what the best vinyl shine/conditioning product is out there on the market. Amorall usually looks good then fades the vinyl, any success stories out there?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Grandson asked me why my wing was so dirty today.

I said I've got two choices; wash it or ride it.

He smiled and said ride it.

Pretty much sums it up for me.:waving::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I too use the "Ride It" brand.

From my perspective it looks wonderful.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I prefer STP Son of a Gun to Armor All (for that type of product) it seems to be a lot stronger and lasts longer. BUT, I do not really recommend things like that for use on a motorcycle. A local cop dropped his bike after Armor Alling his tires (you would think he would have known better). Also it makes the seat slippery, and it catches a lot of dust.

I have used Honda spray cleaner and polish on motorcycles before, with fair results. It works on everything from windshields to vinyl to paint to chrome. I don't advise putting anything on tires. Just not safe. Even if you are very careful and apply it with a rag, sponge, or paper towel, there is still a possibility of getting it on the tread.

I do remember an article from Motorcycle Cruiser magazine, that recommended a product to use in place of Armor All and it's ilk, but can't remember what it was.

I used to be big into cleaning and detailing both bikes and cars, but since I have gotten older, and developed arthritis and fibromyalgia, it just isn't any fun any more. I still do a little cleaning, but would like to get in as much riding as I can in whatever time I will still be able to ride.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

JWayne wrote:
I use the Meguars one. None greasy and it doesn't go slimy when it rains.
+1 One here! Mequars is good.I NEVER use anthing like this to dress my tire. Just soap and water.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Wash my bike??? how do I do that??? Seriously though. I used armorall on my seat ONCE. I'll not do it again. It was about 3 months ago (the last time I actually washed my bike) and I'm still sliding around on the seat every now and then. Soap and water works great. Just be sure to dry it before you sit on it. :shock: Most of the time I spray the sides of the bike down with one of those pump up yard sprayers and just wipe her off with a soft cloth. Oh, and lemon pledge on the plexiglass.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
imported post

http://www.armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=14
Heres the Armor All non shiny detailer which gives you the factory sheen. The problem with the bikes are that no matter what you put on doesnt last and you'll have to reapply it again. So its kind of like an oil thread. The Meguiars interior foam works nice and looks great but has a scent that takes a few days to wear off. Plus it works great on the 1800s dash and speaker area.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Here in AZ, we have a BIG problem with dust. The air is full of it, and it just settles on everything. I use DISTILLED water in a pump up garden sprayer to rinse the dust off the 2 nicest bikes I have ('09 Ninja 500, '02 Vulcan 750, both bought new and are still new, despite close to 70,000 miles on the Vulcan) The others I just hose off with some soap and water in one of those sprayers that attach to a garden hose, and have a built in container for soap, rinse good, and use high pressure air to blow water out of the nooks and crannies. Back when I only had a couple of bikes, and was in better health, I would spend an entire week about once a year disassembling, and cleaning/detailing them to the max. You could look them over with a magnifying glass and not find any dirt. Just can't handle that anymore.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

I just use Pledge everywhere that needs to be protected. I had some office chairs recovered years ago and asked the upholstery shop what they recommended and they said they recommend Pledge. They tell all their automotive customers to use it. It puts the natural oils back in the material that Armorall and these type products don't have. And that was several years before I heard it here.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Honda spray cleaner and polish is actually very similar to Pledge, if it is still available. It was just more expensive. I heard that people figured out that Pledge was just as good, and cost less, and quit buying it because of the price difference. Honda, being Honda, refused to lower their price, and instead just quit selling it.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

if ya use anything dont use a solvent base chemical like armorall or anything like that the solvent base formula will dry out the leather or pleather or what ever it is

use a non-solvent base chemical.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

+1 on Lemon Pledge ... use it on everything; plastic, wind screen, chrome, seat ... haven't tried it on the tires yet :)

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

84GoldWinger wrote:
I just use Pledge everywhere that needs to be protected. I had some office chairs recovered years ago and asked the upholstery shop what they recommended and they said they recommend Pledge. They tell all their automotive customers to use it. It puts the natural oils back in the material that Armorall and these type products don't have. And that was several years before I heard it here.

+1. Pledge for everything.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Doesn't Pledge have a solvent base?
Can you only buy 303 online?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

I've found that McGuire's clear windshield restorer works very well on sun faded color molded plastic [not painted] You can see the dead color come off on ragand brings out shine than hit it with there clear windshield protective spray wipe it down looks great. To keep it looking that way just good old pledge,

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

This is one of our two'80s. You will read on this forum NOT to use Armor All or dishsoap when cleaning your bike as it is bad....

This is what my bike looks like after 30+ years of using the these bad products to clean the bike. Truely heart breaking isn't it ... Use these products at your own discretion.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

ok every on knows pledge for polishing works good

Old English furniture polish, lemon or the original red will out perform armorall and other competitors sold in the vinyl and rubber care products , I have been using it for years .

I found it through an old motorcycle article from 30 years or so ago

Try it you will like it if not , give it to the wife nothing wasted

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
imported post

Maguiars aloe leather/vinyl cleaner and conditioner is awesome! For black plastic Mother's Back to Black is the best!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.