Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1984 GL1200 Interstate - no on board air compressor. So I know the correct amount: 0-6 psi for front forks. The trouble I'm having is putting just 6 psi in without adding to much air. {don't wanna blow my new seals}

AND figuring out how to read the psi amount on the factory air guage that comes with the bike. I would like to add 2-4 psi in order to tinker with my set up with the new Progressive springs I added.

Perhaps someone could recommend the kind of pump they use to accomplish this.....

Any suggestions please. Thanks - Sirkitrider

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,139 Posts
Perhaps someone could recommend the kind of pump they use to accomplish this.....

Any suggestions please. Thanks - Sirkitrider
A bicycle pump works well. Don't use unregulated compressor air, i.e., a compressor without a set-point you can set to 6 psi or lower. (Not sure they're even made any more.)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
these types of pumps work well,you can go to 14 psi if needed,found that my progressives still require some pressure otherwise they bottom out easily
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROGRESSIVE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d5eaadb6&vxp=mtr
Thanks guys. I'm aware that Progressive says that you don't need to add air after installing their springs. And I may agree with that assessment BUT I wanna try adding some air to see how it affects the ride one way or the other. I have lost some ride height that I'd like to get back in the front end. I'm a big boy so I run lots of air in the rears and that seems to "unbalance" the bike. Thanks for the link neoracer. Looks like what I need even though I hate paying $40something for a dang bicycle pump. Jezzzzz. - Sirkitrider

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
tire pump

oh they will work on a tire too,but will take you forever and a day if it needs even 2 or 3 pounds :ROFL:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.