Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Not sure which forum to put this in but I was just wondering if anyone close to South Carolina is an Amsoil dealer ? I'm wanting to switch to their products.

Thanks

·
350 Posts
imported post

Tank4300 wrote:
Not sure which forum to put this in but I was just wondering if anyone close to South Carolina is an Amsoil dealer ? I'm wanting to switch to their products.

Thanks
WHERE in south carolina ?????? it's a big state.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks that locator worked great. There's a dealer a few miles away...

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Just to be clear my posting of the link was not an endorsement of AMSOIL.

I've tried it and noticed none of the benefits I was led to believe I would see.:shock:

·
350 Posts
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
Just to be clear my posting of the link was not an endorsement of AMSOIL.

I've tried it and noticed none of the benefits I was led to believe I would see.:shock:
ditto +1

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

I attended all the Amsoil meetings back a few years ago.
IMO, it is just another oil and nothing magic about it.

Our bikes IMO seems to prefer Delo 400 15w40, at least all of mine do.

Shifts smoother and quieter.

What good is a high dollar synthetic if you have to change it every 3,000 miles to keep the crankcase clean anyway?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I have been using the shell rotella full synthetic. Just took a 4000 mile trip and things were sounding a little strange. Some suggested it might be that oil. Some people are diehard Honda oil people but I just can't bring myself to pay that much so thought 8;d check out Amsoil. Read a great artical on it the other day.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Tank4300 wrote:
I have been using the shell rotella full synthetic. Just took a 4000 mile trip and things were sounding a little strange. Some suggested it might be that oil. Some people are diehard Honda oil people but I just can't bring myself to pay that much so thought 8;d check out Amsoil. Read a great artical on it the other day.
Try the Chevron Delo 400 15W40.... and report back..

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Man..The Oil deal again. I have heard good things about Rotella,Amsoil. Mobil One M/c oil Delo I guess its just a personal deal. Myself I use the Mobil one 20/50 M/C Oil here in arizona. But buddies use all of the above with good results.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Whew that amsoil is high !!! The guy wants 44.05 a gallon. I see the Delo400 is 16.99 at advanced auto....

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Delo 400 or regular Hondaline oil is about the same, I have 0 (zero) problems with Hondaline for decades now.:?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Tank4300 wrote:
Whew that amsoil is high !!! The guy wants 44.05 a gallon. I see the Delo400 is 16.99 at advanced auto....
Yer startin' to smarten. :cool:

$13.00 a gallon for Delo here last time I got some but Dusty said my money was no good at WalMart for some reason. :baffling:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Tank4300 wrote:
Yer startin' to smarten. :cool:

$13.00 a gallon for Delo here last time I got some but Dusty said my money was no good at WalMart for some reason. :baffling:
Yeah, that Dusty's kind of that way.....

We stayed with him for the better part of a week, ate his food, flooded out his basement, and he still gave us a gallon of oil! Claimed he bought it by mistake, or something like that....

Weird.....

Can't figure out his game.....

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
imported post

I just bought some Delo 15w40 at Walmart here yesterday for 11.82 gal. I have Amzoil 10w40 in it now and didn't notice any less clunking and very expensive at $11 something a QUART. I am really curious to find out if the Delo helps. I had been using Synthetic Shell Rotella 5w40 and the Shell rep assured me that oil was excellent and made for motorcycles also, but my Wing just kept getting worse on the clunky shifts unless i preload the shift lever. Downshifts are really noisy. The newest bottles of Shell do say Jaso MA on them now. I have tried Castrol Syn. 10w40 for cycles also and not any better. Regular Supertech 20w50 did just as well as anything.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

+1 on the Delo 400 and Super Tech filter... $16.62 for the pair tax included @ WalMart. The Delo makes my 1800 shift smoother than the Honda GN4.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

What makes the Amsoil so expensive? They don't seem to be claiming miracles from it, so why $44 a gallon?

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

SabreJoe wrote:
What makes the Amsoil so expensive? They don't seem to be claiming miracles from it, so why $44 a gallon?

Because they can.:?

I had a Honda VF1000r for over 13 years. When I sold it, it had over 160k miles on it. I never used anything except non-synthetic oil thatwas on sale, or many times I used a car oil. I did however keep it clean, always changing between 3-4 thousand miles. When I sold the bike it had perfectcompression......and thats the truth...:raspberry:

Don't listen to me though..........I also run a car tire on the back of my Wing:shock:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.