Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

again today it happened. A rider on an 1800 was going down I-10 near Phoenix, Az and cut back in so close to my truck that I lost sight of him and his bike. People Please,Please don't cut so close to trucks (big rigs) I thought I was going to run over him. after about 1/2 second he came back into sight in front of my hood and bumper. at 60 mph a loaded truck Up to 80,000 pounds will hit you that close before the brakes will react even if applied at the moment you get in front of me. I do not ever want to hit a rider like this but this keeps on happening more often. don't do it!!!!!!

why do riders want to cut trucks off?? Please don cut trucks off with your bikes it is very likely that the truck will not stop in time if you need to stop short.

Give us more room please.

I saw his cord to the helmet so i called for him and he answered, after I told him that I could not see him because he was so close to the front of the truck his answer was a one finger waive.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

Sounds like he isn't going to learn. Done nothing wrong and don't want to know if he did.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

1800?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Accident statistics fail to account for stupid operators.

To provide accurate information that has some real value, there should be a "do not count" category- call it the "Darwin file". Into this statistical "round file" should automatically go: anyone who operates a vehicle (of any kind, whether it flies, floats, levitates or rolls)involved in a single vehicle "incident" while impaired by illegal substances. Texters belong here, as do pilots flying into weather they're not trained for and motorcyclists who bite it while performing stupid stunts. They all reflect poorly on the rest of us, because our chosen activity is colored by defective statistics, which cause increased anxiety for loved ones and higher insurance premiums for us.

Although this would still count people who commit suicide by truck (or train), the resulting numbers would more accurately reflect the real inherent danger associated with getting out of bed in the morning and should reduce our insurance premiums.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I try to give trucks as much room as I can. If I'm passing one I'll wait until i'm 3-5 car lengths in front of it before I get back over into the lane. If they are passing me and having a hard time of it (going up hill) I'll usually slow down enough for the truck to get by. Some people are afraid of big trucks, but if you give them plenty of space, it becomes a good relationship. I've even seen a few bikers and cars try to bully a truck around. It's not a pretty sight. Unfortunately I don't have a CB on my bike yet, so I can't talk with them. It would be fun though. My younger son wants to drive a truck. :)

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

The part that really sux is as truck drivers we seam to always get the blame... Then after the accisent we have to go through all the truck testing and all the other crap...:lash:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

I always give the Trucker all do respect and a whole lot more......... They're bigger than me.

Seriously, when passing a semi, I make sure there's enough room up front and gun it. When the truck tire decides go, I do not want to be there.

Another thing I see all the time it seems, is people pass the truck and then slow down in front. On hills, that just kills any efficiency the truck had as they need rolling speed for the next hill.

Be safe and keep on truckin.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
DigbyODell wrote:
Rudy wrote:
I have seen just as many 1500 riders do the same thing:?
1500?
Lets face it, they all do it. A lot of stupid, self centered folks on bikes, too. Yes, even on Wings. We've weeded out some of those we ride with over the years.

And that idiot on the 1800 was just showing his intelligence score. (or age) ;)

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
The part that really sux is as truck drivers we seam to always get the blame... Then after the accisent we have to go through all the truck testing and all the other crap...:lash:
The biggest problem is that there are idiots driving bikes and trucks .

It is called the "few" giving the "many" a bad name!!

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

:waving:Keep on trucking Chuck never give up to much road for anybody. You need to go home too. Sometimes people just do bad things to them selves can't be helped part of the job.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

This is funny seeing you all going along with Chuck. When I was driving the super slabs, I too had many a idiot on a bike do much the same thing. One night on my way into work, I had 2 guys on C/R's go by me at least 160klm because I was doing 125 & they flew by me ON ONE WHEEL! And they continued up & down for about 20 klms until I lost sight of them. There was an incident mentioned on another forum about a biker that smashed a motorist's window with his helmut because he nearly rear ended the guy in the car who was in rush hour traffic and had to brake hard. The biker although following too close, had enough control to avoid hitting the car but in moving sharpe to ther right he lost control & side swiped the same car he had originally avoided. He did not go down but when they pulled over to exchange stats, he walked back to the cager & smashed out his windshield. The funny thing about this story is that everybody over there took the side of the biker as"bikers never do wrong"& I argued on the side of the cager & that cost me of the membership on my second longest forum membership of the five I belonged to. I will be the first to blame those idiots that act like "they didn't see you!", but the cagers are not always to blame. I sometimes wonder how many of the so called avid bikers out there have done something stupid while in their own vehicle?:?:?:?:needahug::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

now truckers dont take this personal but u-all scare the hell out of me and I dont want to be anywhere near you! Plus the air is all kitty wompus.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

anotherone wrote:
now truckers dont take this personal but u-all scare the hell out of me and I dont want to be anywhere near you! Plus the air is all kitty wompus.
kitty wompus?? Is that the official term?? :ROFL::ROFL:

I drive the big trucks and dont like riding by them.. I have seen first hand what an exploding tire can do... I normally twist the throttle till I am well clear of them:action:

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

anotherone wrote:
None taken, bad things can happen to a bike around a truck. Always a good thing to do when passing a truck get out in passing lane to be seen and see traffic in front of truck and get on by. Better for both that way. I always stay on the throttle alittle when you get to the front of truck try it will get rid of the [kitty wompus]:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

I once had to explain to woman that those "pretty little tires in front and back of the bigs" actually had a purpose. To help STOP 80 thousand pounds!!

I drive a concrete truck. Is there any sense in cages and bikes pulling around you just to hit the exit ramp a quarter mile up the road? Thats the biggest one i see everyday.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Redeye1620 wrote:
Rudy wrote:
DigbyODell wrote:
Rudy wrote:
I have seen just as many 1500 riders do the same thing:?
1500?
What are chicken strips anyway
I hope that I am not being Dense here Redeye1620, but I just completely re read this whole post & found no mention of Chicken strips.:?Where did you see that mentioned or is that a phrase you hear elsewhere?:?:waving::waving::action::action::action::action:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.