Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,378 Posts
Great idea and I would have loved this. But I think this idea is a little late as the GL1500 is 21 years out of production. Although obviously there are still a few out there still running down the road...

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I understand, the hard part is getting the plastics off,
the rest of it is Plug 'n Play

and the price he is asking, is very affordable. "quoting "in2it"

He doesn't have a web page...
his email is [email protected]
... a nice man to deal with ...
the total cost to me here in Arkansas was under 400.00 dollars took about 9 days to get here ...

the cost goes up and down depending on the Euro at the time ....

the manual is well written with pictures ...
he accepts payment through PayPal

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500SE
483 Posts
Hold it for a 'spare' to sell, and order this one ;)
As I'm going to have to dig deep to remove the blown LCD, I may as well fit the upgrade 😁
It's exactly what I wanted 10 years ago when the LCD started degrading but was too much work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As I'm going to have to dig deep to remove the blown LCD, I may as well fit the upgrade 😁
It's exactly what I wanted 10 years ago when the LCD started degrading but was too much work.
Ever since I installed mine I havent regretted it ... the display is bright and has a night mode

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500SE
483 Posts
Pierre has very kindly adjusted mine to read imperial gallons & Celcius as I'm in thu UK (y)

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500SE
483 Posts
Well, I started peeling the front off.
Mirrors, chrome shield, lights, indicators...
Can't see where to go from here though...

Is there a set if instructions written anywhere on pulling the dash out?

I've looked at the attached instructions but that's worse - I have to remove more bodywork than ever before too! Doesn't explain how though :(

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500SE
483 Posts
The video was helpful - it was the front vents that were preventing the fashia removal.
Fitting the display required some trimming with a Dremel.
I'm reluctant to put it all back together as I'm thinking maybe I should swap all the little lamps for LED's while I'm in this deep... anyone know what lamps I need?

·
Pwhoever
3,378 Posts
Take a look at this thread for some good info. This is what I did when I had my 1500 but quite a while ago. Certain bulbs need to remain incandescent though like low fuel and cruise lights otherwise they will always glow a bit if changed to LED's

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is a step by step article at goldwingdocs by admin ... even list the bulbs needed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts