Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I witnessed something very strange last night...My 1984 GL 1200 A went through an eerie transformation.. You see, my 20 year old son came home from college this weekend.. Two weeks prior, he had begrudgingly taken his first ride on my Goldwing.. He is the proud rider of a 1983 GS 650 Suzuki, and in his eyes, there is nothing like old Suzie Q... So, when I greeted him upon his arrival last night, his first words to me were "How is our Goldwing"??? Hmmm, just two weeks prior it was MY Goldwing..now it's OUR'S???

Of course, I had to bust his b_lls just a bit, and then he asked me if he could take it out on Saturday afternoon...And, what can you say?? My daughter is getting married next June, and my wife has already told me that once we get past this significant capital expenditure, I can upgrade to a newer Goldwing...So, I've been spending my spare time trying to "spiff it up a bit" trying to maximizethe resale value...It's kind of looking like Precious just might be staying in the family...

Mid 40's here today and the riding was EXCELLENT!!

Best regards,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

He saw the light :cool:sounds like he got bit by the gw bug :)

I know I did the first time I rode one.

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Yep, he is hooked. :cool:

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

I had a good friend that would not consider a goldwing. Starts off with a 650, then bought a 1300 last year. Last month, he asked to ride my goldwing. He's selling the 1300 and looking for a goldwing. Go figure. Once they ride, they see what we see.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

I went through the same thing. Bought an '82 CB900 in March '07, told my wife I got it to save gas (please don't make me ride in a cage for a month for saying that, it was just a ploy to get her to agree). Then, in August of '07, I put fork seals on my buddy's '83 GL1100, and that was it, I was hooked. I bugged her until in September, I got my '84 Aspy. Now I'm set. It's a beautiful thing, but I did have to go through the 3rd degree, again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.