Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just bought an 83 Goldwing and originally thought it was an Interstate. Upon doing research on this excellent forum, I realized that I may have purchased a "hybrid". The steering column shows GL1100A, the gauges are digital andit has an air pump for the suspension. The puzzler is that the paint is a solid brown (no two-tone) paint and the saddlebags show "Interstate".

Back when new, could they be ordered in solid colors? The paint is in excellent condition.

What kind of problems do the digital dashes have?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

When I reflect back, the guy I bought it from had another 83 that had two-tone body panels. Hmmm! Sounds like he gave me the better deal, as the paint on mine are almost flawless. And I have the Aspencade goodies to boot! :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
You have an Aspencade upon which someone replaced/repainted the bags and other painted items - because it was crashed, perhaps?

Does it have the standard radio, intercom and CB? (all three were standard on an Aspencade)
:waving:Only the Type II AM/FM radio was standard on the GL1100 Aspencades. The CB, Intercom,cassette deck, and Super Soundwere alloptional for the Aspencade and could be added at any time. The "Component Kit"consisted of the"component Terminal" and the"IntercomController". Once the component terminal was installed then the rest of the Type II options could be addded as all of the Type II modules plug into the component terminal. The Type I and Type II audio systems were optional on the Interstate as they came from the factory without any sound system.

Colors available for the '83 Aspencade were: Candy Wineberry Red & Mettalic Gray and both of these were two tone paint schemes. This info is from my 1983 Goldwing Aspencade brochure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.