Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Honest Repair Shop.

885 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  2ac911 
#1 ·
imported post

I live in central Ct. I just had my 1983 GL1100I worked on at Valley Motorsports in Ansonia, Ct. I had timing belts replaced, and rear tire, brake light switch and 2 running lights replaced. The total bill was $680. For the work plus parts I thought it was reasonable. Art and Rich are both nice guys.

#5 ·
imported post

If you paid $680 for the labor only I think that is to much money. Rear tire change is about $80.00 or 1 hr labor, brake light switch and 2 light bulbs shouldn't be more than 2 hours TOPS. So that is about 3 hrs for tire and other work @$75.00 an hour equals $225, that means they charged you $455 to change the timing belts, WOW.

#6 ·
imported post

That was total PARTS & LABOR. The belts were $58 each, the tire was $150, switch was $10, and the bulbs. They charged 4 1/2 hours labor.

#8 ·
imported post

I am just surprised you found a shop that works on a Motorcycle that old. Sounds like you found a keeper.

#10 ·
imported post

Bike is back at the same shop again. This is the second time since the initial service. Bike has been overheating since I had the belts put on. We will see if this continues to be a good deal or not.

#12 ·
imported post

I know this guy has many customers that ride older wings. The owner of the parts shop rides a wing himself. He works on all kinds of bike and a lot of them are older.Had a 70's version Kawasaki 500 two stroke when I was there the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.