Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had an idea for a section to add to the site. It would be a reference for places to see or ride through on a trip.

If there were an area that was broken down into countries, states, regions, however, and eack member could put in places they've been and rate it for a worthy visit. For example, if someone were to be passing through New York, they could go to the area on the site, click on New York and they could see a short description of the Finger Lakes area, of all the lakes that you can ride along, or through Letchworth State park where there are raods that run along gorge with the river running over 3 water falls and places you stop and look down on the hawks flying below. We could also put in warnings about problems areas and any other tidbits of information.

I know there are many threads about great rides and places, but to have all of these in one spot for quick reference to plan a trip would be great. I know all of us have areas that we love to ride through that we don't make a big deal about that someone passing through would never know about. Wendy and I are planning two trips this summer, one is to New Hampshire and the other is to Nevada. Now I have no doubt that there are some great places to ride through in both directions, but all I have is road map. There is so much we could share with each other about great places to go, not just here in the states, but in every country around the world.

So to all I ask, what to you think and to Steve and the Mods. I ask, is this do-able?

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
imported post

I don't know if it's doable or not but I think it's a great idea. I've been thinking along the same lines. I thought I'd make an album this Spring and entitle it "South Carolina from the Back of a Wing" and show interesting places and things one could visit here in our state. I figured if nothing else I could make a You Tube movie and put a linkhere on the Forumlike Winger77 did because his was great. Mine would just be a little different because it would be my "home" state.:action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Actually, not a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Wild Wing Lady, that's just my point, you know some great places to see from a bike that the rest of us don't. If I were to pass through South Carolina, think of the sites and areas to ride that I miss, maybe by just a few miles.

We could share these with each other to plan our rides by, or maybe be so inthralled as to plan a ride to see them.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

It's sounds like a good idea, but right now we wouldn't have much if anything to put into it, so that might be a waste of a forum. I think the Blog is the best place at the moment for this.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

It does sound like a neat idea, but I think you will find that just by asking about an area on here, will get you a lot of info. The members here are always ready and willing to share their knowledge and experience.

When I was planning my trip and began to ask what to see and do,,,,,,,, I received so much it would have taken me a month vacation to do it all. But it gave me a great base to plan from and I had a blast just from the planning part.

Wild Wing Lady ,,,,,,,, I Thank you for your generous compliment, glad you enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
It's sounds like a good idea, but right now we wouldn't have much if anything to put into it, so that might be a waste of a forum. I think the Blog is the best place at the moment for this.
It does sound like a good idea....but many of us like to hear of the adventures and experiences that others have had. If people post of where they intend to ride a lot of members post suggestions along the way. I think that is more enjoyable as it gives a personal memory of the places.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.