Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Halfling (John from Murfreesboro, TN) pulled into our drive at 7 yesterday evening on his beautiful GL1800 Goldwing and an equally impressive matching trailer. I had made room for his bike in our upstairs garage just beside the Valk. After getting his things into his room we headed to a new Cancun Restaurant 2 miles away where the three of us ate too much including an apple chimychanga (SP) dessert which was just awesome. The Margarita loosened our tongues and we talked and talked. Wemade the short drive home and retired for the evening. John and I were up at six and we rode our bikes to one of my favorite breakfast spots where we enjoyed omelets and hot coffee. I bid him farewell on his trip to Front Royal, VA for a M&G followed by a ride back on the BRP.

John is a great person, a very good rider and now a good friend. We are looking forward to seeing him again in the future!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

funny thing is-- time has a habit of slipping away from you when you set down with some one and get to swapping stories and so forth. YEP--- its getting to be a small world.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Red and I had the great good fortune of meeting Halfling and his family at Nassir this year.... Bernie, you're right (for once) about him being a great guy!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

(And Bernie, if you see the fellow that sold "us" the camping trailer, tell him I replaced the torn-out pop rivets with through bolts. Folds up much nicer now!)

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

CJ, I will let him know that you are making improvements to the camper! John and his family are very nice people. I look forward to meeting others on the forum as time allows. The weekend is turning cold and there is a PGR mission Saturday morning.

Dubs

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

I wish I had known he was coming this way I would have taken off work to meet up with him along his route. As for it turning "cooler" belive it or not they are predicting snow showers for the mtns here on Saturday night......... and then warming back up to the 70's next week.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Visitors are cool! Had Kyle and his wonderful gal stop by from Canuckia while they were on their US tour a few years back. Had a whole mess of GWers from as far away as ireland stop by for a day as well.

Even had some dirtbiking buddies stop by for a visit, one from Louisiana, the other from Oz!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Dianne, Fletcher and I had the honor to entertain Mr. Boots for almost two weeks after ES7 and you really can't get a handle on how fast time flies when you are doing that with good people.

I think he delayed his departure by several days just because the time was flying by.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Yep, Time does fly by. When I met Sethan12 on my way up to Ohio a few months back I had only planned a stop for about half an hour or so, well, an hour and a half later we were still talking. I will always take the chance to meet up with a fellow winger/biker just to chat. "you meet the nicest people on a honda" :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.