Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just heard about this and figured someone might like to grab it for their android powered phone, no iphones though.

http://actionxl.com/CRADAR.html

Seems like a pretty decent safety deal and from what I've seen, it's a freebie.

Might be worth investigating. Anyone get's this, report back, just don't take it to wild party's !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,132 Posts
imported post

Life360 is another free app for android. Kinda like the spot trackers that some have here. We use it all the time, and when the kids are traveling, they turn theirs on so we can keep track of them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Good idea for us old ....folks.... that like to ride solo.
 

·
Still Learning
Joined
·
13,270 Posts
imported post

Who you callin old?????? You be only as old as you feel, Man my back aches!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

newday777 wrote:
Who you callin old?????? You be only as old as you feel, Man my back aches!
Least you can remember what aches :):)
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
59,722 Posts
imported post

Just installed that CRADAR.

Looks like a handy feature to have.

Now I have a SPOT tracker, and a backup on the cellphone.

Cellphone out of range, there is always SPOT to call in the sniffing dogs.
 

·
Monkey with a Football
Joined
·
19,237 Posts
imported post

For iPhone users, Accident-Alert looks like the app to use. $2.99
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
59,722 Posts
imported post

Okay, I installed that CRADAR app.

Got some problems with it.

#1, the GPS must be ON all the time AND the satellites be visible.

#2, the Background Data feature must be ON all the time

#3, the Mobile DATA Transfer feature must be ON all the time.

#4: all of the above will kill my cellphone's battery in just about an hour.
#4(a) All of the above, keeps my phone sending me useless alerts that this app, or that app, has added a new feature I must load up, or one of the many news apps I use has added some new articles to the list of things "THAT I MUST READ NOW!" even though it is 0230 AM and I am trying to sleep. Sorry, it is useless.

#5: I purposely dropped my cellphone onto the tile floor.

Result? NADA, no squeals for help, no calls for help, just NADA.

#6: uninstalled it, another beautiful concept that dies when put into the "Real World".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Well that's a real world test for sure.
Ooopps :whoops::whoops:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
344 Posts
imported post

Well, I just installed it and have now uninstalled it. Thanks for the info ! Next time I'll wait for some real world tests as well. Sounded like a good app to start with but maybe later!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Okay, I installed that CRADAR app.

Got some problems with it.

#1, the GPS must be ON all the time AND the satellites be visible.

#2, the Background Data feature must be ON all the time

#3, the Mobile DATA Transfer feature must be ON all the time.

#4: all of the above will kill my cellphone's battery in just about an hour.
#4(a) All of the above, keeps my phone sending me useless alerts that this app, or that app, has added a new feature I must load up, or one of the many news apps I use has added some new articles to the list of things "THAT I MUST READ NOW!" even though it is 0230 AM and I am trying to sleep. Sorry, it is useless.

#5: I purposely dropped my cellphone onto the tile floor.

Result? NADA, no squeals for help, no calls for help, just NADA.

#6: uninstalled it, another beautiful concept that dies when put into the "Real World".
Hi, I'm the developer of CRADAR. I'm sorry to hear you had problems with our app and would like to help you get them resolved. First I would like to clear up some misconceptions.

CRADAR does not use the GPS all the time while monitoring. It only activates it when a fall or impact is detected. CRADAR requires that the GPS be enabled when you are monitoring, because you might not be able to toggle it on in an accident or other emergency situation.

CRADAR never uses any mobile data. The emergency messages are sent via SMS (text) so that CRADAR will function even when you have only a cell signal, and no data signal.

To address your issue with the alarm function, I need a little more information from you. Did you set the sensitivity in the menu before dropping your phone? If so, which sensitivity did you use? Did you try the custom sensitivity option? Also, what type of phone were you using to test CRADAR?

If you have any further questions about CRADAR, please email me at [email protected] and I will do my best to get them answered.
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
59,722 Posts
imported post

Diagnosed with pneumonia this morning, sick as a dog.

Will get back to this later.

john

tnx for the info
 

·
Monkey with a Football
Joined
·
19,237 Posts
imported post

ActionXL wrote:
AZgl1500 wrote:
Okay, I installed that CRADAR app.

Got some problems with it.

#1, the GPS must be ON all the time AND the satellites be visible.

#2, the Background Data feature must be ON all the time

#3, the Mobile DATA Transfer feature must be ON all the time.

#4: all of the above will kill my cellphone's battery in just about an hour.
#4(a) All of the above, keeps my phone sending me useless alerts that this app, or that app, has added a new feature I must load up, or one of the many news apps I use has added some new articles to the list of things "THAT I MUST READ NOW!" even though it is 0230 AM and I am trying to sleep. Sorry, it is useless.

#5: I purposely dropped my cellphone onto the tile floor.

Result? NADA, no squeals for help, no calls for help, just NADA.

#6: uninstalled it, another beautiful concept that dies when put into the "Real World".
Hi, I'm the developer of CRADAR. I'm sorry to hear you had problems with our app and would like to help you get them resolved. First I would like to clear up some misconceptions.

CRADAR does not use the GPS all the time while monitoring. It only activates it when a fall or impact is detected. CRADAR requires that the GPS be enabled when you are monitoring, because you might not be able to toggle it on in an accident or other emergency situation.

CRADAR never uses any mobile data. The emergency messages are sent via SMS (text) so that CRADAR will function even when you have only a cell signal, and no data signal.

To address your issue with the alarm function, I need a little more information from you. Did you set the sensitivity in the menu before dropping your phone? If so, which sensitivity did you use? Did you try the custom sensitivity option? Also, what type of phone were you using to test CRADAR?

If you have any further questions about CRADAR, please email me at [email protected] and I will do my best to get them answered.
Wow. You found this thread fast! Thanks for stepping up to address it.

John... no more sleeping on the front porch for you buddy.
Hope you feel better soon.
 

·
Other side of the pond
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
imported post

beertap tom wrote:
Life360 is free, works on Android, iPhones and many non-smart phones.


It doesn't work properly in the UK, only supports ATT, Verizon and some other providers over on your side. Here, it just crashes all the time and gives way off locations. As an example, my neighbour has a son who plays truant from school a lot. Neighbour installs life360 in the boys phone without his knowledge,and it worked fine for the initial setup test. Next day it tells Dad that his son is almost a mile away from the school. He goes down to school and finds his son was there all the time.
life360 probably works well in the USA, but it is useless here. I think they need to let people know about the issue, their blurb in the app store makes no mention of incompatabilities in countries that don't have ATT, Verizon etc.



The best one for universal compatabilityseems to beFamily Tracker. It isn't free ($3.99 I think) but works all over the world and the accuracy is very good. My neighbour is now using that to keep tabs on truant boy.It works with smart phones and also dumb phones that don't have internet or GPS.
 

·
Other side of the pond
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Wow. You found this thread fast! Thanks for stepping up to address it.


Yes that is amazing. Welcome to the forum ActionXL. Just out of curiosity, how did you happen to find us and this thread so quickly?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how did you happen to find us and this thread so quickly?
Customer Service is very important to us, so we monitor traffic to our website, and check out where people are coming from, so we know how they find us. We pay extra attention to CRADAR, especially people who are having trouble with it, because the president of the company wants as many people to be protected by it as possible.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

ActionXL wrote:
englishted wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how did you happen to find us  and this thread so quickly?
Customer Service is very important to us, so we monitor traffic to our website, and check out where people are coming from, so we know how they find us.  We pay extra attention to CRADAR, especially people who are having trouble with it, because the president of the company wants as many people to be protected by it as possible.
Not trying to be too nosy, but since you're here anyway, any chance you might have a iphone version sometime ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately, the iPhone app guidelines prohibit apps designed for emergency use. Also, even if we were allowed, the iPhone's limitations on background apps would require a hypothetical iPhone version of CRADAR to be active whenever it was monitoring, which would be very inconvenient.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top