Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I installad 2 couples of angel eye to the speaker of a friend of mine GL1800. These are 72 led type on circonference. It happens if we listen to the radio with angel eye on we hear a noise like a "hiss"... it seems like the treble were set on max.... Is it possible the led interfere with the tweeter...?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Not knowing how you wired up the angel eyes, I'd suspect you've routed the power wire a little too close to the audio system somewhere, maybe you zip-tied it to a speaker wire, or the antenna wire? If it were me, my first order of business would be to ensure the angel eyes' wires were not hanging out too close to any of the aforementioned audio system wires.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Sempai
usually I place the angel eye over the speaker with some kind of support as they are smaller than the speaker, and I route the wire down over the speaker flange to the wire of the left switch block. Tomorrow I will check ...

·
Premium Member
99 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice job, I'm working with the RGB led too.... but I installed angel eye several time and never had that issue, but neon angel eye or add on angel eye with 2 led only....

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I recommend you stay away from the neon. They run on AC not DC, the DC to AC converter(s) don't seem to last (I've used neon on my GW before) and after replacing them time and time again, it turns out I'd have saved a lot of money if I'd just went with LEDs from the get-go. Also, the converter(s) are very likely to cause the interference you describe in your opening post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.