Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all,

Just letting you all know that there'll be a Classic Car and Bike Show on in Celbridge, Co. Kildare. The details are as follows:

Date: 8th May 2005

Time: Gates open from 9am onwards.

If you want to enter your bike or carin it there is a 15euro fee to pay. The first 400 cars or bikes in get a metal badge of honor to comemorate their day!All proceeds go to the John of God brothers.

There will be food available to buy in the Abbey so don't forget your wallet! Celbridge town itselfis a minute's walk from the show and has a selection of restaurants and newsagents.

The Abbey itself is a beautiful setting with picturesque landscape and views. The show is an ideal outting for the entire family and has proved an extremly enjoyable event over the years. While the adults browse through the vast stretches of classic machinery the children are free to relax in the Abbey's playground which is parallel to where the show will take place. There will be stalls to purchase an assortment of different items, spare parts andinformation guides to name but two.

We would like to thank all the supporters who made the show a success in the past and to extend a welcome to all those interested in coming this year. We hope to keep with tradition andmake this showas memorable and unforgettable asalways.

Yours faithfully,

Donal Bird

Member of Celbridge Classic Car and Bike Club andGoldwing Club of Ireland

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great day out. Do you need to book in advance or just turn up on the day. My :12red: is ready and waiting.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Celbridge goldwing club wrote:
Just letting you all know that there'll be a Classic Car and Bike Show on in Celbridge, Co. Kildare. The details are as follows:
Date: 8th May 2005
Hey welcome to the forum. :clapper: Is Celbridge another Goldwing Club in Ireland. :stumped: I hope this club organises more events than the the present one. :whip: How much is the membership and who do we pay?. :stumped:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Dont forget lads Donal needs as much support as possible on this one ,,the money raised goes to a great cause ,,So if you want to show of your bike this is the place to do it ,,I was at it last year and it was packed solid with people coming to view the bikes and cars ,,Unfortunately I wont make it this year as I will be at the French Treffen, Make sure you get there early to get a good spot ,,,,It is always a great day ...thank you ..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

:waving:

Hi Folks,

Me again. Yea I was there last year, and they really made us feel welcome. Lots of vintage cars, but not too many bikes. Be careful with the little bridge, hard to negotiate with a wing, through all those civilians.

Looking forward to this year.

Brown Bear

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

Hi Folks,

I don't mean to put a damper on things, but The Abbey in Celbridge just closed it's doors to the public this week. They had to due to vandals and unsocial behaviour on the grounds, for which they cannot afford security staff.
I doubt if any planned event will be happening there in the near future. Has anyone/Donal got any more info on this?

Steve18

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Hi Steve :waving:

Keep us posted.

How about putting up a few notices like "Trespassers will be Executed":X

or "transgressors must lift our wings":X

Brown Bear:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status