Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

I ride every day I can.

Started inFebruary this year, hope to ride through November.

I use 28 degrees F as a cut off point. But always keep the bike ready in case the weather improves.

The AVATAR is on February 6, that's snow on the ground it was 56 degrees F

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

What is it with you guys, snow and 56f!!! Over here, if the snow is on the ground its always below freezing and it is on the road and until the council wake up and get the gritting lorries out, the motoring world grinds to a halt!! Have done a couple of 200 mile plus rides in thick snow (falling not laid) in my youth, but now I am older and wiser I'd probably give it a miss.

Pete

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
What is it with you guys, snow and 56f!!! .

Pete
When the outside temperature gets in the -20 degrees F range the ground freezes up to 4 feet in depth.

Takes a while for all the snow to melt, usually mid April.

The "Grit lorries" plow trucks do a pretty good job of removing snow from the roads, they also spread a nice layer of salt to melt the snow off, put down a little sand as well for traction.

Let's see if I can get this right...

Summer avoid the sand

Winter head for the sand.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Oh man, it breaks my heart, I don't have any work to ride to!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Aint it great:clapper:, after working sincethe 1950s I believe we have earned the pleasure of not having to go to work. But I will ride somewhere that day and play like it is work related.:)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Perhaps you could both go for a short ride in the morning, arrive home and spend the day doing all those jobs that are not getting done whilst you are on here, then go for another ride, arriving back home after!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Perhaps you could both go for a short ride in the morning, arrive home and spend the day doing all those jobs that are not getting done whilst you are on here, then go for another ride, arriving back home after!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:
That is what we are already doing.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
That is what we are already doing.
I've come to the conclusion that those kind of jobs can just wait until I'm in the mood. I don't figure I drew as good a card from the gene pool as REDWING so I'm hoping for about ten to fifteen more pretty good years and I'm not going to waste them doing a bunch of stuff I don't want to!Been there Done That! Now I get to watch the kids and grandkids make the mistakes I did.

So far they seem to be smarter than I was!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

My cut off point is 112 degrees !:baffled:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
My cut off point is 112 degrees !:baffled:

That's not a "cut off" point wingdawg, that is torture point!! So if we came over, we wouldn't need our thermal underwear and heated everything then?:baffled::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

So far I haven't found an upper cut off point, 112F would probably do, I do have a lower cut off, -20F, that's when it used to be too cold for the snowmobile, I'd walk or ski.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
So far I haven't found an upper cut off point, 112F would probably do, I do have a lower cut off, -20F, that's when it used to be too cold for the snowmobile, I'd walk or ski.

Sod that!! I'd be tucked up in doors with She who should be obeyed!!:cooldevil::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

stormintba wrote:
Last year here in nebraska.. i put about 200 plus miles on a bike on xmas day...
I do most of my riding around Christmas time. I take 3 weeks of work, ride as much as I can and spend alot of time swiming. Somedays it get's to low 30's degrees.

(southern hemisphere, degrees Celcius and its cold and wet now)

Andrew

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
exavid wrote:
Sod that!! I'd be tucked up in doors with She who should be obeyed!!:cooldevil::goofygrin:
Alas, me too, old age is hell!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

ran429 wrote:
exavid wrote:

You & I can Just Vroom Vroom them around our living rooms?

Wait, You meet me in Kent. We stop for a coffee and Laugh hard at all the people hurrying to get to work on time :baffled:?

Whats saying ? I think it would be fun!? :grinner::grinner::grinner::grinner::grinner:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.