Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was reading posts about the throttle positioning sensors on the 85 LTD and people have posted a fix for them. I was wondering if someone could send me the file for the automotive adaption to get the bike running again. The ECU keeps throwing a code for a bad TPS and I can't find one new. I have searched around and can't find the file open-source either...

TIA
Tim

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,574 Posts
I think your best shot at this is gonna be looking for a TPS/throttle body from an '85 Honda Civic as that's the same TPS I believe. At one time you could buy that TPS at the parts store or Honda new but then they went with selling the throttle body with the TPS as one unit.. Don't know it either is available anymore....

·
Registered
899 Posts
Before looking for an alternative, you could try calibrating the TPS. This may change the working range of the TPS.

The aftermarket TPS from an '85 Honda Civic will work, but you need to mod the aftermarket TPS or the throttle body TPS.

Attached is a PDF regarding the replacement.

I have used an aftermarket TPS and there is some moving to do to get the TPS to work.

Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts