Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone bypassed the restriction to adjusting the rear shock of a 1500 while riding?

I know, I know,I shouldn't be reaching down there while riding, butI sometimes want to change ride height and stiffness while on the way.

If no one has done itI guessI will do the experimenting and be the first.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

It can be done. I don't know the details, but I do remember someone with a 1990 model did the bypass. It's probably a useless mod because when you are on the move you have to let go the throttle to use the adjuster switch.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

IIRC, you replace the ground signal to the AirPump relay coil (OEM has this "switched" from the Speed sensor stuff) Should be a green wire (stripe is likely orange, but I'd need to look it up)...

Wire should be in the stuff that runs up to the dash (left-inner fairing area -- the vertical 'stack' of connectors in the steel holder there IIRC, it's in a black conenctor that's pretty wide, like more than 8 wires)...

Cruise can keep your throttle-side happy, but there can be "conflict" between arms and handlebars depending on your height (taller riders may rub their arm on the handlebar while reaching from a heads-up riding position.

I can find the conenction and possibly a write-up if you'd like...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.