Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

11181 - 11200 of 11235 Posts

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
O
Our garbage company gives us 3 big plastic bins. 1 for grass and trimmings, 1 for house hold and 1 for recycles.. I do use the grass one but I keep the cans and plastic and dump everything else in the house hold and let them figure it out.......

·
Premium Member
40,736 Posts
I
I pay for one tote to put everything in. When we recycle we provide our own container and have to take it in ourselves.

·
Premium Member
65,077 Posts
H

Here they come to collect everything. But we have to pay for that.

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
T
This is CA you have to believe we pay though the nose and when they want more money they wine to the city and the price goes up

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
T
They were getting over $10 bucks an hour here, one of my GDs worked at one for a while........

·
Premium Member
65,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
G
Great place for a kid to start.. One of her customers hired her away and now she got a great job..

·
Premium Member
65,077 Posts
T

Two of the children from my brother worked there for a while
but both of them stopped there and got another job.

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
Y
You got to start somewhere and that's a good place to inter mix with the public.. I used to hire 16 / 17 year olds to do dish washing and tell them this could be there life if they didn't get there sh$t together and then they changed the laws and that was the end of that.........government ........

·
Premium Member
65,077 Posts
S

So you lost your cheap employers.

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
H
Hey I paid them the same as all my dishwashers, in fact it cost me money to train them and put up with all the paper work to the schools and government, but I did it to help them out.. Some even came back years later and thanked me........

·
Premium Member
40,736 Posts
I
I don't want to work in any service industry working with the public, and we hardly ever eat at the Clown's, maybe breakfast if we're in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
65,077 Posts
W

Well here they didn't get payed much.

·
Premium Member
40,736 Posts
M

Moral of this story is if your not happy with what your entry level job pay's, get an education and find a real job.

P.S. and move out of your parents house...

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
S
Sounds like message I tried to pass on, some understood and some didn't.. If it looked like a lost cause,I moved them on out the door and found someone else........... I always made the money worth whiled the only way to keep your good help..........

·
Premium Member
65,077 Posts
W

Well here it is difficult to find a good job with a good salary when you are young.

And also when yo are old.

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
I
It's hard here to for young people now that they made it so hard on employers, It got to the point where the kids could be in the kitchen where the dish washer was because there was a hot grill, a steam table, a couple fries and a slicing machine........ And they're working in a restaurant.................Figure that one out.......

·
Premium Member
40,736 Posts
W

Well look on the bright side, more and more young kids don't want to work anyway, just collect the freebies and live at mom & dads forever.

·
Premium Member
60,931 Posts
R
Right you are, I have a 20 year old G/D that fit that description, no drivers license and in not hurry to get one

11181 - 11200 of 11235 Posts