Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

11201 - 11220 of 11340 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,065 Posts
My 16 yr. old G/D is chomping at the bits to get her license. Poor dad is stressing about getting her her own car. She's not allowed to even move the leased car in the driveway, and you need a tetanus shot before you get in his work car.

·
Premium Member
61,327 Posts
T
That's the way most kids are, but not her she couldn't care less.. Her dad had a cool MG convertible all set up for her, now I think he sold it......

·
Premium Member
41,065 Posts
W
We had a neat 65 Triumph Spitfire but realized it was going to be hard to carry four people in it, so it got sold.

·
Premium Member
61,327 Posts
W
With a 2 seater you don't have to worry about a car load of crazy kids

·
Premium Member
65,631 Posts
T

That is true.

·
Premium Member
41,065 Posts
O
Our oldest was four and riding between the seats (no seats in car) and she was seven months pregnant before we said.....maybe we should get a van

·
Premium Member
61,327 Posts
T
The old days, I spent 1/2 my younger days riding in the back of pickup trucks and on tractors.....

·
Premium Member
65,631 Posts
I

I always want to drive myself.

·
Premium Member
61,327 Posts
S
So did I, so I had my first truck when I was 12, a 10 wheel ex military GMC pump truck.. I was hauling corn, wheat and barely from the harvester to the bank out trailers.........

·
Premium Member
41,065 Posts
I
I fondly remember my first car, a 62 Chevy two convertible. But the one that was the most fun was a 65 Corvair painted camouflage with big silver stars on the doors. Drove it thru the woods ands fields, and came real close to going to jail because of it.

·
Premium Member
61,327 Posts
M
My first street legal car was a 37 chevy 2 door sedan, I split the manifold and had some loud pipes.. It had leaf springs in front and I took 1/2 of the leafs out to drop to front end and had 4 inch lowering blocks in the rear

·
Premium Member
65,631 Posts
M

My first car was a Datsun 100A.
Small car but I also had my bike.

·
Premium Member
41,065 Posts
A

A Dutch guy riding around in a Japanese car, how did you read the control buttons:);):p:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
65,631 Posts
D

Don't you know I can read and speak Japannees ??

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Premium Member
41,065 Posts
A

Anata wa nihongo ga hanasemasu....I did not know that, learn something new everyday!!

·
Premium Member
61,327 Posts
c
Crap and I can barley speak English

·
Premium Member
65,631 Posts
Y

You can't be good in everything Bert.

·
Premium Member
61,327 Posts
I
I used to speak a enough Mexican to get by and a little German when I was real young but when you don't speak it for many years it goes away........Like musical instruments, I used to play a mean steel guitar, but now I don't have a clue.........

·
Premium Member
65,631 Posts
T

That is right, you have to keep doing things or you will forget them.

11201 - 11220 of 11340 Posts