Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

11281 - 11300 of 11368 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
D

Do you think He means that things have to change ??

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
W
Well around here for years we had no problem until the tree hugers took over and that's when things went to pot......... And now we're paying........

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
W

What should have to change you think ??

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
B
Billions

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
A

And they should give them to you ??

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
N
Not to me, to the people that lost everything

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
D

Do you really think they would do that ??

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
G

Government aren't going to give those people anything, and even if their insurance (if they had any) builds them a new house you can't replace personal things, or a life.

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
T
They may get low interest loans from the government, but you're what's gone can't be brought back no matter what.. I can't imagine how that must feel...........

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
I

I think we all are lucky that we never had that sort of problems.

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
W
Well you have enough canals so you don't have to worry about water to put the fires out and you don't have the trees as thick

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
I

I watched a program on TV last night that showed the storm surge barriers in the Netherlands, quite impressive

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
I don't think it's as bad as Holland that's below sea level

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
I live about 1150 ft. above sea level and my driveway has still been washed out in heavy rains

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
W
We're an inland sea port and like I've said we could run our boats right out under the Golden Gate Bridge so we've only 16 feet above sea level ........ The trouble here is they stopped dredging out our canals and rivers the environmentalism put a stop to it, so they raise the levees and that's the wrong way to go.. One of these days we'll flood.......

·
Premium Member
65,794 Posts
I

I hope you can swim.

·
Premium Member
61,421 Posts
I
In the old days, 1850 or so, there were 5 creeks that came though Stockton and they built around them.. From then to 1955 they filled in most of them, but old mother nature still remembered, and in 1956 we had a big flood in downtown and the water came from where those creeks had been.... I worked as a shipping clerk in one of the stores and helped sand bag our store.. After that they built a diverting canal across the old 5 creeks outside of town and that took cars of the problem..........

·
Premium Member
41,139 Posts
W

We keep thinking we can change mother nature, but she's a tough old b.tch and lets us know why, " IT'S NOW GOOD TO FOOL WITH MOTHER NATURE."

11281 - 11300 of 11368 Posts