Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

11541 - 11560 of 11773 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
R

Right you are, I wouldn't trade my childhood for what the kids today have for anything.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
I
It sure was a different time, parents do let their kids out of sight.. I'd take off with a friend in my 10 foot boat, 3 hp outboard on a Friday afternoon with 2 glass jugs of gas, my 20 gauge shotgun, some matches live of the land and come back Sunday afternoon, this was at 10 years old......

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
T

Think you also had a nice childhood.

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
We weren't that adventurous, but from the time I left in the morning, till I got home after dark, my parents had no idea where I was, but didn't worry either because they knew the guy's I hung out with weren't thugs or thieves.

Plus....parents and neighbors would rat your out if you got into trouble.

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
W

What a difference with them today.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
S
Some of my troubles stated when I was about 14, I was turning 22 caliber Zip gun barrels in machine shop for the Mexican gangs......

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
D

Don't worry I'm sure the FBI and CIA plus the DEA aren't reading your posts.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
A
After 68 years you think there worried, the shop teacher thought I was making Ball Pin Hammer heads

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
I

I made a ball peen hammer in metal shop, I carry it with the tools on the bike.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
I
guess everyone that had machine shop made them, I gave mine to my dad and I don't know what happen to it.. I know I made more then one but they're all gone

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
W

What is that ??

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
W
We were talking about the ball peen hammers we made in machine shop

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
O

Okay, now I see what you mean. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
E
Every kid that took shop made them and they had to be tempered and we also made the handles

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
N

Nice job.

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
T

This is the one I made, a little beat up and rusty but it still hurts when you hit your finger with it. Handle is hollow to store stuff but I lost the screw on end cap, now stuff falls out.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
What was the round ball for, I forgot.. Did you make chipping hammers also

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
P

Peen over rivets of course. didn't make chipping hammers, but did make a small bench vice and a drill press that used your drill. Sadly they're both gone.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
T
That's right I forgot.. And now we have pop rivets.. Making a bench vice and a drill press I'm impressed, I never made any of that, but if you wanted a gun barrel I was your man......

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
H

How about making a whole gun ??
Or a rifle ??

11541 - 11560 of 11773 Posts