Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

11681 - 11700 of 11773 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
I

I hope you get to have the summer street party this year. Maybe you should invite your used car salesman Ole Slick then you'll be good to go.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
D
Don't know if these new people are social party people.. My new neighbor, they're Chinese and they're both doctors with 3 kids in Med school.. They're friendly, they smile and wave, don't talk much and they don't look like the party type... Our neighbor is turning in to a regular old neighbor where no one really know anyone and that's not what we had before........

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
T

That is in a lot of places nowadays. Nobody knows their neighbors.

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
H

Hey Bert, if you want to get to know the Chinese doctors just grab your chest, let out a big moan and fall on the ground.

If they run over to see if they can help they will be good neighbors.

If they run over to see if they can help, and don't send you a bill they will be great neighbors.

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
Y

Yes that is a great way to learn to know them.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
Y

Yup don't waste the wine on them before you know what they are like...besides they probably drink Sake'

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
W
What if I keel over and they're not home, when they first moved in I gave them my phone number and say if I could help them call, I thought they would reciprocate and give me their number but they never did........ Before we all had keys to each other's house and when someone left for a couple days or vacation we watch their house and pick up their mail and papers.. I think those days are gone.........

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
Y

Yes the same here.
But I do have the keys from my son.
And he from me so we look after each others house.

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
S

Same here have keys and codes to get into my sons house's, and their security systems let them know I'm there before I can get to the door.

Then there is the neighbor lady that never locks her front door, leaves it wide open all summer, and leaves the car keys in it.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
W
Well I can tell shes never been to CA, if she did that here, the only thing that would be left is the foundation and driveway there her car and house had been and she'd be lucky if there weren't 2 die bodies on the driveway..........

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
I

It is not that bad here.
But we don't leave our doors open.

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
I

In 43 years we have only had one instance of theft around here, teens got into cars left open and only took loose change, they left her car and wallet that was laying on the front seat. Sheriff called them the change bandits, because try to prove that change was yours.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
O
Our walled community spends 700k a year for security, so if there's a problem it's the kids that live in here...........

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
A

And than they go to jail.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
N
No, only if it's serious, break ins or if they're from out of the association does security call the police, other wise security takes the pranksters home to listen to the parents swear it wasn't my sweet little child that did that whatever.. If we catch them again the HOA board [me] fine the crap out of them to get their attention ...........

·
Premium Member
42,525 Posts
I

I'm in favor of public canings on their bare azz in the public street for all to see. Maybe they will learn from that.

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
T

Throw them in my dungeon for a year, only bread and water.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
W
'With funky smelly water

·
Premium Member
67,759 Posts
T

Than they will learn a lesson I think.

11681 - 11700 of 11773 Posts