Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 12:00 p.m., the Prairie du Chien Police Department was notified of a motorcycle versus vehicle crash at the intersection of Marquette Road and Campion Blvd.
Upon investigation it was determined thata 2002 Dodge Intrepid driven by a 22 year old female from Prairie du Chien turned into the path of a 2005 Honda Motorcycle driven by a 57 year old male from Kenosha.
A 54 year old female passenger on the motorcycle, from Kenosha was Medflighted to UW Madison Hospital for injuries and the male driver of the motorcycle was taken by ambulance to UW Madison Hospital for injuries.
The 22 year old female and her passenger were not injured in the crash.
Assisting at the scene were the Crawford County Sheriff’s Department, Interstate EMS and Bob’s Towing.
The accident remains under investigation.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

:(:(:(

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Sad to hear this, too bad this is so common, we must always be aware of the vehicles around us, because the cage drivers won't look for us. Prayers going out to these folks.:(:(:(

Gene:action:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Sad to hear this, too bad this is so common, we must always be aware of the vehicles around us, because the cage drivers won't look for us. Prayers going out to these folks.:(:(:(

Gene:action:
and get a headlight modulator if you don't already have one! It's not a cure all but it really helps with this kind of scenario.

John

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,687 Posts
imported post

I always watch for possible left turners and I purposely flash my headlight beams high/low/high/low manually.

It definitely DOES get their attention.

I also slow down at intersections even if the traffic behind me is wanting to go faster. I don't trust that which I am not in control of.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
I always watch for possible left turners and I purposely flash my headlight beams high/low/high/low manually.
One problem with that method is that it is illegal in most if not all states, but you will likely never be cited for it, but you could be if you ran into the wrong officer.

John

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
AZgl1500 wrote:
One problem with that method is that it is illegal in most if not all states, but you will likely never be cited for it, but you could be if you ran into the wrong officer.

John
Not only that but in a lot of places that a signal that you are going to yield the right of way.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
AZgl1500 wrote:

John

I hate to do this as I believe some drivers think your giving them the ok to make their turn......mho

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,687 Posts
imported post

Here in Arizona, that is NOT the okay signal to turn in front of you. It is a warning, and it has for 18 years worked just fine for me.

I will continue with what saves my hide.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
I'm curious, why not just get a modulator?

John

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Here in Arizona, that is NOT the okay signal to turn in front of you. It is a warning, and it has for 18 years worked just fine for me.

It may well save your hide in Arizona but up here in NY it will cost you your hide. Just sayin', if you are in this part of the country keep that in mind.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

RobM wrote:
minor hijack - John, can you point me to a good modulator that would work for an 1100?
I'm fond of the Kisan modulators because they are plug and play. They aren't cheap but they work great. Here's a link to the one recommended for the 1100's.
https://www.kisantech.com/view_product_pop.php?product=P115W-S
You can get them cheaper buying from some online retailers.

There are others out there too and I use Signal Dynamics brake light modulators but haven't used their headlight modulators yet. They are now plug and play too but you have to buy the modulator and the harness separately, but even doing that they are less expensive than the Kisan.
http://signaldynamics.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=14&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=77&vmcchk=1&Itemid=77
I think your bulb is an H4 but I'm not sure about that so verify that before buying a modulator.

I don't know anything about this company but their prices are good.
http://www.headlightmodulator.com/

John

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

RobM wrote:
minor hijack - John, can you point me to a good modulator that would work for an 1100?
i just got one for my 1100 and its plug and play thats it . It was so simple to put on just unplug the light and plug the modulator in then find a spot for the light sensor and your done http://www.comagination.com/modulator.htm

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

JLuvs2dive i have the one on the bottom link you posted there real good ive been asked by cagers to turn it off as its annoying them when we get to a stop light so i guess its doing its job

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

britman wrote:
JLuvs2dive i have the one on the bottom link you posted there real good ive been asked by cagers to turn it off as its annoying them when we get to a stop light so i guess its doing its job
Thanks for the info on this! It's always good to get first hand reports from people that have used the products.

I've gotten to where I usually turn mine off at traffic signals/stop signs if I have someone in front of me, so it does not unneccesarily annoy them.:waving: I turn it back on as soon as we're rolling again though.

John

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,687 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
AZgl1500 wrote:
I'm curious, why not just get a modulator?

John
my local dealer was fresh out of stock on my last visit. Next visit, a Kisan will be in my plastic take home sack. :action:

But, I did get a WigWag for the brake lights....

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

britman wrote:
RobM wrote:
i just got one for my 1100 and its plug and play thats it . It was so simple to put on just unplug the light and plug the modulator in then find a spot for the light sensor and your done http://www.comagination.com/modulator.htm
Did you get the combo deal with the headlight modulator and the brake like flasher? Interested in how the break light flasher works as I want to add both to my bike and the combo for $90 is a good price.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
imported post

I used an old [now illegal due to lack of sunlight sensor] headlight modulator in my tail light circuit. I left the main tail light wired normally, but wired the running lights to flash, as well as adding some red accessory lights on the flashing circuit, mounting them under the trunk for an indirect flashing "glow".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.