Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just paid my Registration for 1993 GL 1500, $141.00. Year. It just keeps going up, I have friends that have left because of all the cost to live here. This guy Newsom is crazy and making the state worse each year. You know it's the little things like the gas tax we pay and the registration and really poor Hwy's that this money is supposed to go to. They take our money and spend it on a train that will go no where. I have a 2003 Chev pick up due next month another $234. It's never ending. I have a 1991 Nissan UD 1800 box truck with 97,000 original miles that the state made illegal this year, because of smog laws and it's a diesel . So I have to sell it out of state. Were worried about Bernie and his idea's we should be worried about what is going on right now. I think my BSA in 1968 was about $8.00 a year. Let me know what you pay a year I might be looking for a new home. LOL

·
Registered
140 Posts
On top of the registration - if you pay it with a credit card or debit card they'll also charge you an extra 2.1% for the privilege! they only want cash or check now - paying online you can use the eCheck option...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Colorado registration for a 1993 GL1500 is $49.47 for the year, just got the renewal notice in the mail....

·
Administrator
25,020 Posts
My bike costs $9.50 per year, my 94 silverado costs $3.89 with veteran tag and my 93 S10 costs $0 with antique tag.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The '80 GL1100 costs about $125 to renew, but that's for 5 year collector tags.

·
Administrator
58,441 Posts
here in Oklahoma, it cost me $157 last December to renew the tags on
2002 gl1800
2001 Chevy Suburban
2009 Piaggio MP3 scooter
they all hit at the same time, in December expiring on the 30th..... I just love it. :(

Oklahoma Tax Commission requires cash or check, if you insist on using a Debit card ( Credit not accepted ), the CC usage fee is 2.7%

I just looked and can't find anything in my check book for tags, so I must have given them cash out of pocket.

Water costs $32/month
County Property Taxes hit me $2250 in December ( oh how I love December ) :(
Electric is $62 this week, Natural Gas is about the same
( heat, water tank, cookstove are all on NG )

In August the electric hits $275-$325 depending on how low we set the A/C temp control. NG drops to about $18

·
Administrator
22,065 Posts
Last year AZ started a new fee of 32 bucks per vehicle added to the regular registration costs, regardless of useage. So a rich guy in Scottsdale pays the $32 for his 70K dollar Lexus that he drives 70K miles per year, while the poor guy in Glendale pays that for each of his vehicles whose combined mileage is less than 7K miles.

·
1,648 Posts
The road tax pr. year for an motorcycle here is around $62 ( same price for all sizes of motorcycle ).
An Chevrolet pick up (gasoline) from 2003 in private use would be around $2,400 , - yes i know i wrote two tousand and four hundred . Maybe thats why you dont see so many of those around here ? LOL
My Subaru Forester , 2l petrol , is around $500 pr. year , mini cars with 1l petrol engines can be as low as motorcycles .

·
Registered
94 Posts
What are complaining I pay $1080 for my GW and my RAV 4 and $1020 on top for responsibility insurance and $245 for my driver permit. Welcome to Québec, this include the worst roads in North America.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
California is a very beautiful state. The rest sucks.
Two days ago I re registered my vehicles.

Toyota Highlander
Goldwing 1800
Scooter 50cc
Honda Civic
Suzuki Boulevard S83 (1400cc)
Small utility trailer

about $220.00

Not to make it political but the more liberal the state is the higher the cost.
Property tax is wicked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We pay $60-$70 per vehicle per year, I believe it is dependent on weight. That includes any and all trailers I own. We don't have a state income tax nor do we pay state or local income tax on essentials such as groceries. We do pay real estate taxes that come to about $1400 per year for us. And I sure didn't mind paying the $2.13 per gallon I paid for gas in the Wing yesterday to make a lunch ride.

·
Magic Moderator
4,437 Posts
From the New Mexico dmv site: Register Your Vehicle - NM Motor Vehicle Division
The registration fee for passenger vehicles is based on the weight and model year of the vehicle. Registration fees range from $27.00 to $62.00 for a one (1) year registration or $54.00 to $124.00 for a two (2) year registration.

Registration fees for trucks with a declared gross vehicle weight (DGVW) of 26,000 pounds or less are also based on the weight and model year of the vehicle. Registration fees range from $38.00 to $207.00 for a one (1) year registration or $76.00 to $414.00 for a two (2) year registration.
For Wyoming: Vehicle Registration Fees | Teton County, WY
For South Dakota: All Vehicles - Title, Fees & Registration

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
I think registration fees should be the same either you drive a Rolls Royce or Ford Pinto ( if they'd be the same weight) Manufacturing year should not matter either. I wouldn't mind if every vehicle would cost a basic registration fee and you will pay according with the mileage done per year.
But that would be like asking every airplane passenger to pay according with their body weight.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a little caught up in the cost yesterday but from what I read here it's a little better in some states and Canada is just about the worst. Our gas is $2.99 at some station's right now 87 Oct. 6 months ago $3.49. I was told it cost more to blend our gas for the environment so I guess that is the reason for the added cost here. Peter is right about airplane tickets, but passengers would be a lot smaller and then the airline's would make the seats smaller again. I'm 6'4" and I don't fit the seats now. LOL I think a trip to the coast on my bike will fix me for awhile.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yep, just one of the many reasons I got out of California as soon as I could. When I retired, the house went up for sale and I was out of there. I was only there because of my former job. Now my reg in UT is 1/3 of what it was in CA. The only one that went up was my utility trailer. It went from $10.00 for 5 years in CA to $34.00 a year in UT.

·
big PIA
1,397 Posts
Most of ours went up this year , all except motorcycle, which I believe is around $41. My small trailer went from $18 to $118, cars from $101 to I think $151. Not near as bad as some but still sucks. My bike plates expired at end of January but I have yet to renew

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
I agree that most things in Calif are higher than other states. And our Governor isn't helping anything. He said a stste of the state that doctors should be able to write a prescription for shelter for homeless people like they do for medication. Yea, and who is going to fill it ??

·
Administrator
25,020 Posts
They might give them a prescription for your house, you have one and they don't and that's unfair. (n)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts