Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I agree that most things in Calif are higher than other states. And our Governor isn't helping anything. He said a stste of the state that doctors should be able to write a prescription for shelter for homeless people like they do for medication. Yea, and who is going to fill it ??
Smith & Wesson and Forest Lawn.

·
Just one of the guys
4,787 Posts
I think registration fees should be the same either you drive a Rolls Royce or Ford Pinto ( if they'd be the same weight) Manufacturing year should not matter either. I wouldn't mind if every vehicle would cost a basic registration fee and you will pay according with the mileage done per year.
But that would be like asking every airplane passenger to pay according with their body weight.

Most of us do pay a mileage tax in a way. We pay pretty high taxes per gallon of gas so the more you drive, the more gas you buy, ergo the more tax you pay.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those fees are outrageous! Definitely could not (would not) afford to live in CA. Here in PA, my bikes are $20 each and car is $38.

·
Registered
10 Posts
But that would be like asking every airplane passenger to pay according with their body weight.
I think that would be a great idea! You could have sliding armrests, and price of your ticket would be the result of a calculation involving your weight and the width of your butt. This way a skinny person would pay less than the overweight blob you see coming down the aisle and hope he won't be sitting next to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just paid my Registration for 1993 GL 1500, $141.00. Year. It just keeps going up, I have friends that have left because of all the cost to live here. This guy Newsom is crazy and making the state worse each year. You know it's the little things like the gas tax we pay and the registration and really poor Hwy's that this money is supposed to go to. They take our money and spend it on a train that will go no where. I have a 2003 Chev pick up due next month another $234. It's never ending. I have a 1991 Nissan UD 1800 box truck with 97,000 original miles that the state made illegal this year, because of smog laws and it's a diesel . So I have to sell it out of state. Were worried about Bernie and his idea's we should be worried about what is going on right now. I think my BSA in 1968 was about $8.00 a year. Let me know what you pay a year I might be looking for a new home. LOL
I just renewed my registration for my 1990 GL-1500 here in Utah. The registration fee was $51.50 for the state fee and $10.00 for the county fee for a total of $61.50. Also, my insurance is $85.00 a year.

·
Administrator
58,404 Posts
I just renewed my registration for my 1990 GL-1500 here in Utah. The registration fee was $51.50 for the state fee and $10.00 for the county fee for a total of $61.50. Also, my insurance is $85.00 a year.
your bike insurance, is that for Liability only?
makes a huge difference, like near double for Comprehensive & Non-Insured

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a little caught up in the cost yesterday but from what I read here it's a little better in some states and Canada is just about the worst. Our gas is $2.99 at some station's right now 87 Oct. 6 months ago $3.49. I was told it cost more to blend our gas for the environment so I guess that is the reason for the added cost here. Peter is right about airplane tickets, but passengers would be a lot smaller and then the airline's would make the seats smaller again. I'm 6'4" and I don't fit the seats now. LOL I think a trip to the coast on my bike will fix me for awhile.
Hi there,
You fellas should try the Antipodes! Down Under? Good ol New Zealand - we know how to get REALLY shafted here
Petrol is $2.10 per LITRE - NOT GALLON!! registration costs for a year on my GL1500 is $565.
Vehicle is about $130 per year - insurance is about $500- depends where you live, garage etc.

·
Administrator
58,404 Posts
Hi there,
You fellas should try the Antipodes! Down Under? Good ol New Zealand - we know how to get REALLY shafted here
Petrol is $2.10 per LITRE - NOT GALLON!! registration costs for a year on my GL1500 is $565.
Vehicle is about $130 per year - insurance is about $500- depends where you live, garage etc.
the gl1500 costs more to register than a car? wow!

I'm not familiar with New Zealand's politics, but from what you are stating, I supposed medical insurance is cheaper than the USA?

Your situation is similar to Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Come on over to Wisconsin.
Just paid $23.00 for a two year registration renewal. Licenses for Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, and snowmobiles handled thru DNR, and their not out to screw anyone....yet. But that could change since we have a demoncrap for gov, but, the republican house and senate keeping him in line so far...…. Was Dept of Ed, did a poor job at it, so I guess someone figured they should share...…..so now most are miserable.
;-)

·
Steve
439 Posts
Ohio
2014 Explorer
2007 Pontiac GP
1985 GL 1200
Lawimore trailer 6 x 12
Renewed all for $199 for a year. Do not find it that ridiculous when compared to other states but in the past decade has risen alot for the motorcycle and the trailer. Motorcycle and trailer used to be 20.00 a piece not that long ago.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts