Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Saturday arrived in middle TN and it was shaping up to be a beautiful day with sunshine and temps in the mid to upper 70s. I got my coffee and was looking out the window contemplating what chores I would be tackling when my wife of over 40 years slid up behind me, gave me a warm gentle hug and whispered in my ear..."want to go for a ride today?". It didn't take but a couple of seconds to respond with "do I ever, what time do you want to go?". We settled into a plan to leave just before noon and have a lunch somewhere on the road. I then spent the next hour or so planning out a route that had a bit of new roads for us as well as not being too long for the wife. It ended up being about 187 miles by the time we finished the day! I then spent the next hour or so getting the bike ready (including a quick run to tank up)! We left the house in Murfreesboro about 11:30 and ended up in a place we had heard about but never had been, Granville TN. Check it out at http://granvilletn.com We had lunch at a local gas station/diner (cheeseburger/fries for me and pulled pork for Nancy) and then spent some time looking around the small village which included a general store (famous I'm told), a bank that is now a gift shop and a farm equipment museum. They had more "stuff" to walk through but it was getting on in the day and I wanted to press on! We then did some riding across country and ended up on a very narrow and occasionally rough road (State Hwy 290 called Shepardsville Hwy) that gave me some concern as to my route planning but ended up giving us an awesome ride on a road less traveled (about 5 miles I'd say). What a day it was and even though I thought the peak of the leaf season was behind us we were often surprised at the color still remaining (especially around Center Hill Lake and Granville). We got home just before dark, what an awesome way to spend the better part of a day!! Here's a few pics but they don't do the ride justice...

We did the green route...!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Looks like it was a great ride John. Sounds like a great wife too!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Looks like a perfect fall day im middle TN for a ride. Nice photos. Sure makes me miss living in TN.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Looks like you had a perfect fall day in middle TN for a ride. Nice pictures. Sure does make me want to move back to TN.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Dang John,,,,,,,, your really getting good at this,,,,,, :applause:
I'm Jealous,,,, haven't been able to ride much here with work,chores, and bad weather every darn weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Wooo Hoooo, Sounds like you two had a heck of a day there John! :applause::applause: That is awesome that you got to put the chores on hold for a bit. Unfortunately the chores will always be there, but the fall colors and the rides will not be.
Glad you two had a good ride!! :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
I do believe I will be saving that route for a day trip next spring. My CMA chapter is always looking for a place to ride on nice days.

Good looking pics as well.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
We went to Tellico Plains this weekend and I was surprised at the differences in temps between the NC side of the Cherohala and the Tennessee side... 65 kinda overcast Versus 72 sunny and clear! With the exception of the snow on the Parkway itself.... Pics in the event section.

It was a great day for a ride in Tennessee! Your a lucky man John!

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I am indeed a lucky man! Here's a pic of the sky just before we pulled into our street in Murfreesboro after a beautiful day together!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Wow ..... that is a beautiful set of roadways! Beautiful day ..... Thanks for sharing!

:applause:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.