Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Went riding again today, rode the Mississippi River from Red Wing to Alma.

Stopped along the way and took a few pictures, thought I'd share them with you...

Always wanted a picture of my bike in front of a sign like this

Stopped by Lake Pepin

Stopped again at Maiden Rock, interesting tale and a little shot at humor in the sign. The sign tells the story of the Indian Maiden who's family forbid her to marry a certain brave, anyway she does and the next morning they find her at the bottom of a cliff... From the sign "Perciptated herself from the precipice.

Continued on down the "Great River Road" to Alma, WI. Snaked our way up the bluffs to the Vista View Park.

Overlooked the dam on the Mississippi

The Turkey Vultures were riding t he thermals, I've taken a few pictures from the ground of birds, but this is an intersting point of view.

Looking back up the river, Minnesota is on the left, Wisconsin on the right. The bridge is the crossing at Wabasha.

And finally for all my "Grumpy Old Friends" Slippery's Bar in Wabasha, from the film "Grumpy Old Men"

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

Tony, that is a beautiful ride isn't it? Have done that one a couple of times. Was Norm with you? I see the Harley next to your bike. Youdo a great job on your pictures of your rides. Wish I were as talented. I will have to learn to post picts. Have you been to Hogans Hangout on 95 above Fountain City? It has a nice view and the food is good and not expensive.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes, Norm always rides with me.

Hogans Hangout, no, but sounds like a place I may have to visit.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Once again, you have excelled yourself with the camera and had a glorious ride aswell.

Like Hockeydad, i too must get my head round all this picture posting stuff. Mind you, who wants to see a picture of rain:baffled:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

As already mentioned, great job on the photos. Never saw a Turkey Vulture from that angle. All we're getting here is left-over rain from Christina. Hope it ends before the snow starts to fall. I hate that four letter word.... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Katrina maybe?:)

Couldn't resist, Shooter:goofygrin:

Great photos Tony! Thanks for sharing.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
Katrina maybe?:)

Couldn't resist, Shooter:goofygrin:

Great photos Tony! Thanks for sharing.

Hobie

Bad enough that I don't spell for beans, now I can't even hear/remember for $#!&...:doh:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:whip:Last picture sucks, what's the Harley doing in front of the Wing? :whip:

:whip:Now that I notice it the HD has priority in the first shot too, what the:whip:

:whip: hell's going on here?:whip:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

The "Senior Guru" just took the words out of my mouth. :whip: :crying: :behead:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

Exavid, cut him a little slack. The bike belongs to Norm ( his riding buddy and an excellent wine maker). You have to excuse his taste in bikes but you have to compliment him and Tony on their taste in wines and ability to make it. I am speaking from experience, they shared a bottle of their home brew with me and it was excellent. Maybe if he sent you a bottle you could forgive the Harley??LOL Randy

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

I would really enjoy some of the vintage vino. No, really.

Hobie

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33 wrote:
Exavid, cut him a little slack. The bike belongs to Norm ( his riding buddy and an excellent wine maker). You have to excuse his taste in bikes but you have to compliment him and Tony on their taste in wines and ability to make it.
Nah, I drink the occasional beer, not grape juice like my BMW riding brother, damn Harley has to take second place, it blocks my view of a fine Goldwing!

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I'll try to be more Gold Wing aware in my photos from now on...

I humbly apologize for my lack of Gold Wing etticut.

Please forgive my transgressions against the stolid marque.

:D:D:D

If you buy that... I've got some slightly damp land for sale...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
I'll try to be more Gold Wing aware in my photos from now on...

I humbly apologize for my lack of Gold Wing etticut.

Please forgive my transgressions against the stolid marque.

:D:D:D

If you buy that... I've got some slightly damp land for sale...
Shameless dude!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.