Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I won't be able to report on this tire most likely till the spring but here is another hat to throw into the ring, I ordered one yesterday
I can say that I do use them on my car and on my skid pad with great results .

Goodyear Assurance fuel Max

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I was reading the warranty, and it appears that these tires dont meet the quals for the warranty??? Am I missing something?

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You are eligible for the benefits of this Limited Warranty if you meet all the following criteria:
• You are the owner or authorized agent of the owner of new Goodyear highway auto or light truck tires
• Your tires bear Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers
• Your tires have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer or Goodyear’s recommendations
• Your tires were purchased on or after February 1, 2010 Light truck tires are defined as all tires identified with the “LT” designation in the sidewall stamping plus the 8-19.5 and 8R19.5 sizes, which do not carry the “LT” designation.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I think you are right Dick, since our tires are not being installed on the proper vehicle, I doubt if any of them will be warrantied.
Here is a copy of the Goodyear Warranty Brochure,

Goodyear Warranty

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Just tell them your buying for a Ford Torus or Buick Lesabre (or what ever vehicle they will honor) and mount on the bike. If warruntee is needed, take it off the bike and tell them it blew out while on the Torus or the Lesabre LOL

Buy tire cash and carry, mount later, remove for the waurattee and take back the plain unmounted tire.
They never need know it was used on a bike!

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Right Chromo, more way's than 1 to skin a cat, why do you think they have 9 lives :cool::action::action:

·
Pwhoever
3,181 Posts
imported post

I was seriously considering this tire just recently when I needed a replacement tire. I had found it HERE at Tirerack for just a bit cheaper. I ended up just going with another Formoza for now.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Gosh - I thought DS meant DualSport, and someone was proposing an alternative to a KLR.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well ............. the Darkside does expand the Goldwing ventures :action::action::action::action:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I thought it was Dumb Sh** when I saw it.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Got enough of those options .........................:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.