Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I sent him a message to see if that was a typo.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

Shipping - handling AND storage included in the $200.00. That seems like a real deal:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I had sent him a message as well. If he does not answer Pauls and mine, the auction can be voided.

Listen Chris, you can always buy them and have them picked up. Look for someone close or call the cab company, express or courier there in Monticello, Kentucky, have the bags picked up and dropped off for shipping. You can always work out alternate shipping. Or find a member here who is close and might pick them up for you.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Nope had a guy here in Vancouver selling something (Richmond actualy 6 miles away)

He refused to let me pick up item Thats within ebay policy?? Same as the guy who won't sell to any one unless they are american????????

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I too sent him a message as soon as I saw the shipping price.

What I think he is doing is trying to screw Ebay. His buy-it-now price is $50.00 and the shipping is $200.00. Ebay only charges fees on the final bid or purchase price. See, he can sell these for $250.00 and only pay final fees on $50.00.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

It is just like the selling fees. Let's say thatyou have an item that you want to sell and will not take less that $10.00 for it.

When you post it on Ebay, put a starting price of $9.99.

The insertion fee for an item under $10.00 is less than $1.00.If you post the item and start the auction at $10.00 your insertion fee will bewell over $2.00.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
Nope had a guy here in Vancouver selling something (Richmond actualy 6 miles away)

He refused to let me pick up item Thats within ebay policy?? Same as the guy who won't sell to any one unless they are american????????
Hmm...... Wonder if he accepts multi-nationals?

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Has anyone ever listed a pancake on there???

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Probably if it had an image on the Virgin Mary.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

By the way, the guys feed back is not all that bad. He did slow ship once it would seem....but in looking at his shipping prices, $20.00 is about right. We may be misjudging him and he may have slipped a decimal point.

I asked Ebay anyway, so we'll see. Chris if you bid it, you cannot be held if he doesn't answer the questions.

I want to know though, where will you mount the two new saddle bags?

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I am not wanting them. I was looking for a lid for my right bag. It blew off today and the JACKA** in a truck swerved just to hit it. It was in the middle of a lane and he actually swerved over so the tires would run right over it. I picked up the remains and tried to chase him down but he got away. Kinda glad he did. I was pi**ed and I don't know what would have happened if I would have caught him. Would have probably ended up in jail.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

I drive for a living and saw a guy on a harley loose his skull bucket on Rt 3 and a guy in a van did the same thing to him.. For god sakes I can't beleave people can be so mean to a total stranger... Sorry to hear that happened to you..

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Let me add that this was no small truck. It was a Roll-Back and the duals ran over the lid.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Makes me feel real happy.

I just picked up of a guy turning a wing (1200 interstate wineberry)into a trike, saddlebags including taillights, indicators, relfetors, rear wheel and brand new tyre, crhome guards, crash bars, double stand, single stand, swingarm, rear mudguard, number plate light, in fact everything you don't need on a trike bar the diff for $150.

I originally was just after the tyre but when I went to pick it up he just kept on coming with all the JUNK and I just kept putting in the car. Could not believe ny luck. Tyre on its own here is worth $300

Andrew

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
Makes me feel real happy.

I just picked up of a guy turning a wing (1200 interstate wineberry)into a trike, saddlebags including taillights, indicators, relfetors, rear wheel and brand new tyre, crhome guards, crash bars, double stand, single stand, swingarm, rear mudguard, number plate light, in fact everything you don't need on a trike bar the diff for $150.

I originally was just after the tyre but when I went to pick it up he just kept on coming with all the JUNK and I just kept putting in the car. Could not believe ny luck. Tyre on its own here is worth $300

Andrew
Some people have all the luck!:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Bak to the original post I emailed the guy 3 times and got an answer this Am

This is what it said ""bid and shut"" that,s it

Guys name is Jerry Catron I checked his feed back and lo and behold two months ago he gave a negative to some one else re excessive Shipping/Handling My last email that drew his response was asking about that

Don't fall into this

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I got a very rude response also. I took the liberty of reporting this to ebay. I really think that he is trying to cheat ebay out of their final selling fees by doing this as they do not charge final fees on the shipping, only the final sale price. He can sell for $250 and only pay fees on $50.00.

Here is the response I received:

are you bidding on them, wow, mr wonderful

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Never did get a response from him. Looks like he learned something from another sharper and decided to try it himself. I wouldn't buy from a dope like that anyway, if he's playing dirty to eBay, it's not so unlikely he'd play fair with a buyer either. There seem to be a lot of rectal vents out there who have never heard:

"Do unto others..."

"What goes around comes around."

I'm glad I wasn't brought up that way it's gotta make you a suspicious, kinda slippery character that thinks the world is out to get you. Not a very happy way live.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Definitely what goes around comes around He had 187 views and not one bid Now has to cough up ebay listing charge and still has not sold them.

I'f he'd been reasonable I'm sure he would have sold them Tough luck for him

NO sympathy here

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.