Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This was not as "epic" a save as some I've seen on this forum but we did manage to get a bike that's been garaged for 12 years running and ready for the nice cool fall weather.

This is my Dad's bike that he bought off the showroom floor in 82' and gave to me earlier this year. I had it shipped from NJ and literally started tearing it down the day it arrived.

Chrome has been either replaced, repaired or refinished. EVERY inch of the bike has been cleaned and polished (busted knuckles to prove it). The HONDA Dr in Cypress TX got the bike running like a beast and I didn't even need to buy carb kits!

Thanks to all the help and advise from members of this forum, she's looking and running better then new. Can't tell you how much I appreciate everyones help in getting my Dad's "pride and joy" back on the road where it belongs!

Glamour shots :action:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
imported post

Beautiful. I am digging the white walls.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

looks like you have taken as much pride in ownership as your dad did. looking very good.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
imported post

Absolutley beautiful, very nice!!!:claps::claps::congrats:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Gorgeous. I've always thought the 1100s were the best looking Goldwing ever made, that that is most definitely one of the nicest I've ever seen. If I had a bike like that, I don't think I'd ride it very much, for fear that something might happen to it. Yes, I know bikes were meant to be ridden, but that thing is not replaceable.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Your 1100 is absolutely beautiful!! I am so jealous, I wish you many years of enjoyment riding that beautiful machine.:action:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

What a beauty.:thumbsup:

Enjoy the ride.:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

THats a pretty bike! Your father would be proud!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

The white walls make the bike really pop!!!!!!!!!!:claps::claps:I'm jealous...

Full throttle ahead!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
imported post

Dang!!!!!!!! that's nice.:claps:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

that is pretty, What kind of tires are those and size.. I would love to get a set

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Saweeeet ... maybe a little too much bling in the back for me, but nice. +1 on the white walls, really makes it pop !

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

Great job! Your post gives me hope and inspiration! I just bought a 1980 GL1100 Interstate. Was stored inside for 13 years. Looking forward to posting pictures of my restore project once I get it completed.

Again, Great Job.
Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.