Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Perfect riding weather today in the Southern Oregon Cascades. Made a nice loop ---> Ashland, Lake of the Woods, Fort Klamath, Crater Lake National Park, Diamond Lake, Prospect, Shady Cove, Medford, then back to Ashland.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Another photo of Crater Lake

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Looks awesome Marco. Is that a trim ring on the slipstreamer?

I got out through the Smith river area from CG to Reedsport last week. Momma UBarW came with.

Tomorrow, my son wants me to take him to a friends house. I agreed provided I get to take the scenic route:sozzled:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Looks awesome Marco. Is that a trim ring on the slipstreamer?
I split a length of vacuum hose lengthwise and used it totrim the windshield. Glued it with clear RTV.

I also stopped by our campsite at Diamond Lake (Labor day weekend site). It's a very nice site in the trees... no problem with shade. Only drawback is a road right behind the site. Not too busy, but I'm bringing earplugs.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Thats good about the shade, but a bummer bout the road. I spose I can tolerate it during the day, as I hope we are riding quite a bit, and not there. At night, so long as we can sleep... hopefully the traffic wont be that heavy to begin with, and also might slack off at nite...

Do you have any tricks for packing sleeping bags and all that other bulky crap? It wont be an issue if Rob doesnt come, but if he does... there is quite a load there.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Do you have any tricks for packing sleeping bags and all that other bulky crap? It wont be an issue if Rob doesnt come, but if he does... there is quite a load there.
Well...most of my camping gear is backpacking stuff so it's pretty compact. I can fit a sleeping bag and tent inone saddlebag,my coffee-making and cooking stuff, first-aid kit, spare clothes, and allthe miscellaneous stuff fits in the other saddlebag. My sleeping pad, tent poles, camp chair, and a dry-bagcontaining anextra jacket, rain pants, and down vest are strapped to the rack. Camera, water bottle, maps, ear plugs, spare gloves, and faceshield cloth are in the tank bag.

When Stephrides with me I leave the cooking stuff and camp chair at home tomake room for her sleeping bag and pad,and use a larger dry-bag for theadditional jacket, rain pants and whatever else she wants to bring.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Sweet pictures Marco, looks like the weather was perfect as well!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

She said " your not parking that @#$% bike up there and taking a picture of it, you've got more @#$% pics of that bike than anyting else."

So I did the only thing I could do..... get some kindly passerby to take our picture at Crater Lake.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Allen wrote:
She said " your not parking that @#$% bike up there and taking a picture of it, you've got more @#$% pics of that bike than anyting else."

So I did the only thing I could do..... get some kindly passerby to take our picture at Crater Lake.
My wife wasn't along to tell me the same thing.So... another @#$% picture of the bike!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey Marco, I think you will find that it is against site rules to print something offensive on here!!!:whip:You are making me very unhappy showing lovely pictures of your sweet bike in such picturesque locations!!:(

If you all feel it necessary to put these on here, could you PLEASE post a second picture of a traffic jam, in some heavy downpour of rain, in some grotty downtown area!!! This will make us Limies feel more in tune with you. Our few days of "summer" appears to be over and my ride to the shops today was WET!

Seriously though, nice pics and you must have enjoyed that ride out, isn't that just what having a wing is all about?:cooler::goofygrin::action::):D

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hey Marco, I think you will find that it is against site rules to print something offensive on here!!!:whip:You are making me very unhappy showing lovely pictures of your sweet bike in such picturesque locations!!:(

If you all feel it necessary to put these on here, could you PLEASE post a second picture of a traffic jam, in some heavy downpour of rain, in some grotty downtown area!!! This will make us Limies feel more in tune with you. Our few days of "summer" appears to be over and my ride to the shops today was WET!

Seriously though, nice pics and you must have enjoyed that ride out, isn't that just what having a wing is all about?:cooler::goofygrin::action::):D

Pete
Well Pete,

Sorry to make you unhappy withour lovely riding conditions. As per your request I attached a photo of someone, somewhere, I don't know where (probably somewhere in your neck of the woods) riding in lousy conditions.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Well Pete,

Sorry to make you unhappy withour lovely riding conditions. As per your request I attached a photo of someone, somewhere, I don't know where (probably somewhere in your neck of the woods) riding in lousy conditions.
Well, knock me down with a feather!! Where did you get that picture of me!!:stumped::goofygrin:

Ah, I feel better now, low visibility, wind and rain in your face, brakes covered in water, crotch soaked, boots full, yes, it's good to be riding!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Allen wrote:

Hey Allen, nice pic of you and your "daughter"!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:Does your wife go out with you as well?:baffled:;)

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Allen wrote:

Hey Allen, nice pic of you and your "daughter"!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:Does your wife go out with you as well?:baffled:;)

Pete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.