Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay when I bought this thing (90 GL1500) the guy told me it needed a clutch because it would rattle like crazy. After driving it, the clutch seams to work fine. When you start in neutral it makes a bad rattle and also does it in first gear, sometimes second. When you get going it seams to go away.

I was playing around in the garage with the bike today (its raining outside), checking everything out. I started it up and listened for the rattle. It actually sounds like it is coming from the front of the motor, not the clutch area. I need to buy a service manual because I have no idea where anything is on this motor. Could it be a water pump? Alternator? Almost sounds like bearing going bad. The engine has so much plastic armour around it so I can't see the engine. I don't have my tools at this place yet so I can't take it apart. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

It could be your timing belts or one of the timing belt pulleys. There are online manuals for your model but I dont have the link off hand. Just look for Gl1500 manual on this site and you should find the link. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Download the manual on the web, they can be downloaded from lots of places.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.