Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone, I just found this sight by accident and I am glad that I did. In 05 I bought an 85 Aspencade that was partly tore down. I got it back together anddiscovered major carb problems. I got a used set of carbs cheaper thanthe cost of the parts that I needed. After messing with it for a month it ran great. It had 30k miles when I got it and 19 months later it has 55k miles on it. I only paid $300 for the bike and my total cost including tires and all parts was under $900. I think it is one of the best deals I have ever made. The bike is in great shape with clean paint and good chrome. It was always kept in a garage. I use it for my 40 mile (one way) daily commute. I ride from early April until mid-November. The Wing sure beats the 650 Nighthawk that I had before.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the Greatest Goldwing Site BC! :waving::waving:

You might have posted in the wrong forum but no big deal, the Axe will come along and move it to where ever it belongs. It's nice to hear of another vintage 'Wing going back on the road, congratulations on your new ride.

When you get a chance please update your profile with your location. Here's a mana to get you started.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

welcome and mana from me too for a job well done...........

Where is the bloody forum welcomer????????????.........oh thats right having his nanny nap....:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Welcome BC to the best Goldwing site around. The folks here are the absolute best. Enjoy your new wing!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

Welcome BC. You have found the best Goldwing forum around.:dude:Congrats on the purchase. Very sweet deal indeed.:321:

Let's just make this thread a technical one for you.:cooldevil:

Have you replaced your timing belts yet? If you have read much on these threads already, you have probably noticed that this is one of the first things you should do to an older wing. You say you have about 55,000 miles on it now and have been riding for 19 months? You may want to change your belts soon so you will have a better chance of getting another 55,000 miles out of her!:cool:

I just did my belts and the ones I pulled out of my '83 did not look too bad, but there was a little bit of fray on them near the seam. I don't want to take the chance of breakinga belt and ruining my engine. Unfortunately, I have run into more trouble with my wing than I would have liked, but I should eventually get her going again.:crying:

You have definitely found a better deal than I did. Enjoy the wing and may she last forever.:dance:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi BC... and may I start by thanking you for choosing a lovely simple handle for the forum..... even I should be able to cope with remembering that one, when you post!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::waving:

When you get settled in here, we would love to see pictures in the gallery of this bargain Wing, there will be many whowill beenvious of the little you have invested in her.:)

Workingman, was very right to highlight the belts, if they don't happen to have been done by you or the previous owner, they are most important, given the age and now mileage of the Wing. If one of those babies goes, it is usually bye bye engine!!!:X

Visit often and be sure to chip in with any advice for anyone, given your experience now.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

Hi BC and welcome to the forum. 300 dollars for an 85 Wing. I am green with envy again. Glad you got her going and hope you get to enjoy her company for many years....

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

:dude:HEY welcome aboard :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:..would love to spend some time but work beckons :cooldj: :cooldj::cooldj: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Welcome BC:waving:

Hope to meet up with you on our BUTTERBUTT run in June:goofygrin:
What the heck is a butterbu....... oh never mind, forget I asked!!!!:shock::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
What the heck is a butterbu....... oh never mind, forget I asked!!!!:shock::cheeky1:
You know what the "Ironbutt" ride is... Well we are calling our meet up in Dodgeville Wiscowson, our "Butterbutt" ride:cool: Don't blame me Hobie came up with that name:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Man oh man... Paid less, newer, less work... That's one lucky guy!

Hey, Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of advice, opinions, and sometimes humorous insights into the world with 'Wings. Glad to have you along, would love to see some pics of this great deal!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
You know what the "Ironbutt" ride is... Well we are calling our meet up in Dodgeville Wiscowson, our "Butterbutt" ride:cool: Don't blame me Hobie came up with that name:cooldevil:
I might have guessed the origin.... very good, even by Hobies standards!!!:clapper::D

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

hey BC welcome to a great site you will get a lot out of it and you can add your 2 cents worth too
I would love to get a deal like you came upon
enjoy
armsrn

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

:waving: Welcome BC, have a great time here. :coollep::3sum::alco::cooler:

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

:dude:

I bought the Wing from a good friend who happens to be the pastor of our church. I offered to fix it for him but he had to have a "NEW, BIGGERAND BETTER" Wing. He now wishes he had this one back. He bought a 1500 and doesn't like the way it handles. Several people have told me that I am "going to hell" for ripping off the pastor. He set the price, not me.

I just bought the new timing belts and will get them in in a week or so.

My wife is gone for a couple of weeks helping with a sick step-father and she knows where all of the jpegs are hidden on the confuser (computer.) I looked and could not figure out her "system" of organizing the files.

:dude:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well I for one forgive you BC!!! Maybe he will pass the 1500 on to you for a "fair price" too:shock::baffled::cooldevil:

Glad to hear that your better half is no different from the rest of ours..... they remain a mystery...... beautiful.... but a mystery!!!

She may keep the jpegs a secret from you, but I bet a pound to a pinch of salt she didn't hide the clothes pegs!!!!:cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.