Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I had met up with ActionSEi a while back to loan him my LTD/SEi supliment. I was just over there pickin' it up a couple days ago and he suggested gettin' together with the rest of the AZ group for a meet and greet. So I figured I'd hop on here and see if ya'll are up to it... so what'a'ya'll say?

After all, we are comin' up on the best ridin' weather in the country in the next month or so :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

You thinking a weekend meet or a 1 day lunch ride meet?

I would not be able to make it for lunch, that's for sure LOL

If a weekend meet with camping, I might try to make it. I'd like to ride out that way again. I doubt I could though, just depends when and how I am doing at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I don't really know :?. I'm just puttin' the feelers out there. I was thinkin' along the lines of a saturdaylunch or breakfast or something like that probably around the beginning of Octorber some time... but I'm totally open to suggestions for different events/times:waving:

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

I am visiting Phoenix in Dec. I am riding down from Seattle, leaving the 14th. I am going to leave my bike and trailer in Phoenix and fly home to return in March for another week of your great weather...... then ride my bike home.

I would like to meet some forum members while riding in the sun.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

larryinseattle wrote:
I am visiting Phoenix in Dec. I am riding down from Seattle, leaving the 14th. I am going to leave my bike and trailer in Phoenix and fly home to return in March for another week of your great weather...... then ride my bike home.

I would like to meet some forum members while riding in the sun.
By all means, I'm in! Let us know when you'll be down here and if you need any help with anything...

So what's up AZ? No one down for a meet-n-greet?

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
imported post

I'm for a meet up. It is seldom I neet other old wings. Weekend or weekday is fine with me. How about a location arround Mesa to meet and drive to Tortilla Flats ? Doug

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

... and this is where the laughing starts... but where exactly and what exactly is tortilla flats? Considering how long I've lived here this sounds like something I should know, but I'm stumpted :D. Anyway, sounds like a plan to me. I was thinking maybe we could meet at an Ihop this time for breakfast (thought we might give denny's a break for once), but a ride after breakfast sounds good to me!

So it sounds like we got three... where's the rest? Don't make me start PMing all ya'll :NO::raspberry::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

As a tentative plan, rgbeard is gonna be down here the weekend of the 28th... anybody available that weekend?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,322 Posts
imported post

Huh, I just popped on here to suggest the very same thing. Great minds, and all that, I guess.

Anyway, I'm pretty much open. Just say when.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
imported post

Tortilla Flats is an old stagecoach station on the way to Roosevelt dam. Starts on hwy 89 in Apache Junction and is quite a winding and twisty road. it's about 35-40 miles from west Mesa. always a good ride. They have a great restaraunt there, inside is covered with dollar bills that people have signed . Quite an interesting place. Even with my sidecar rig the road is fun, though kind of bumpy as the asphalt is deteriorating. beyond the twn the road turns to gravel all the way to the dam. Do a Google search to learn more. Doug

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Keeping my eye out for the set date may zoom into town again for breakfast. Had fun last time. Has anyone heard form the nomad from the great white north.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,322 Posts
imported post

desert wings wrote:
Keeping my eye out for the set date may zoom into town again for breakfast. Had fun last time. Has anyone heard form the nomad from the great white north.
You mean Santa Claus?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

No word from the nomad yet :D. Probably still out mowin' the lawn :ssshh:

Doug, that ride sounds fun... I may not be able to go on it as I will probably be attending in my car unless a mirical happens between now and then, but still sounds like fun.

So we got 4 and possibly 6... hey, we almost got enough to call it a gathering :ROFL:. Cool, so how does the 29th sound? We could always move it from there, but that seems like a good date.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
The 29th of..??? September?

What's wrong with your bike, Kevin?
Yeah, september 29th, like I said, that can be afluid date...

My tires are gone... rear is totally flat... gotta get the new ones ordered in and replaced... may not be able to pull it off by then :sadguy:

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Let me know if you need some help. I've become pretty adept at disassembling a GL12.
I may take you up on that offer if I can get everything together... what ya up to this weekend :cheesygrin:?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

Cool, if you're up to it I'll let you know when I know...

Now, back on topic :cheesygrin:, where the heck are the rest of the Phoenix members?

Ceasefire49? JerryH? 1200L rider? Heck, maybe even RayJay? Where is everybody? We got nine last time... we gotta be able to do better than this :thumbsdown::D

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
desert wings wrote:
You mean Santa Claus?
The kanuck he's a bit slim for Santa. Maybe the snow bird hasn't migrated south yet.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.