Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

GWNorman wrote:
Thanks for that. At first I thought the recall was for rubbish chrome.
That would be on all their products. I called them just a week ago on the dually pegs chrome peeling off.
They said they will only cover it under a year old and only if you have the receipt.

Makes me want to be a return customer..... NOT!

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Also makes you wonder considering how similar the mounts are on the 1500 if those will be recalled too...Anyone had problems with theirs on their 1500?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Not yet.
Are the effected boards the Transformer boards?

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Yeah, its the transformer boards, thats why i was asking, we got a set of em this fall, no issues so far...

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Mark
I was asking about the effected boards on the recall

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

The sad thing here is the fact that their chrome sucks, and they basically don't want to take care of the problem. The mounts have probabaly got a casting problem from getting them done at the cheapest place.....China. Can you imagine if you had your better-half on a ride, and she were to shift, and the bracket broke......SHE'S OFF, AND DOWN. WHAT A SHAME.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

The 1500 Transformer boards use the stock mount. The 1800's are angled in to the front so Kury includes thier own (apparently cheap)mounts. The 1500's arent affected.
Kury says the 1500 boards can't go on an 1800, but I modified the piviot shaft for the 1500 and they fit on our 1800. i used the stock floorboard mounts so the boards are a bit "pigeon toed" but they work, and the admiral ipfs satisfied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.