Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First I bought my mint '89 GL1500 with 38k miles off craigslist for $3000...then this weekend I see a like-new corbin leather seat with backrest and pick it up for $100. That's a $1000 seat. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Craigslist has been very good to me. It's a great place to find and sell odd items.
I have bought or sold my riding leathers, 2 motorcycles, 2 outboard motors, a rifle, lots and lots of tools, 2 custom seats for the GL1500, 2 new Symax Helmets (came with our new Harley, never worn), a wirefeed welder, an aluminum trailer, and a bunch of other stuff.
Just yesterday someone responded to a GL1200 service manual wanted ad I posted. I now have factory manuals for all but GL1000's.

new seats for my pontoon,

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Up here Kijji is the major craigslist type site. I have scored well there. 90 1500 high miles but super shape $2000. 18foot I/B outboard with top new upostery and nice trailer $900. garden tractor one ownner always kept indoors tiller, snowblower and deck mower. $500.
You have to keep looking and act right away. Most of the big ticket items I buy have some small prolem with them. Well okay some have had a bigger problem. But there are peaple who throw there hands up because they take them into a shop and $500 dollars later they still have the same or other problems and just cut there losses and buy new. So peaple who are handy at repair and maintanace can get some sweet deals
Wilf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.